Hi Kaz here

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Car mad kaz
New member - welcome them!

Hi Kaz here

Post by Car mad kaz »

After years of searching for answers as to why I’m different ,and often felt thick and stupid .I descovered dyspraxia. As I was born in the early 60s so no one bothered about my inability to play any sports, or my clumsy tap dancing, or my strange quirks with sound and touch. I struggled at school for many reasons including anxiety and have always had social problems.Although I do not expect to get a diagnosis at my age there is no doubt in my mind I have this . My sister was totally unsurprised when I told her at Christmas. My main hobby is classic cars an I have information and magazines on almost every car sold in thr UK between 1945and 1990. I have my own classic car ,a MGB. I love reading and history especially the first and second world wars, and our industrial past. Also have a fish pond and keep South American cat fish. I am here to learn more about this condition as it answers so many problems I’ve had ,and still got in my life. I live in North Yorkshire.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Hi Kaz here

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Kaz
Welcome to the Forum and your tribe. Glad you've found us. We welcome those who are self-discovered /declaring equally.

There's a fair amount of shared traits with Autism and ADHD so it can be quite tricky to nail down whether we might also fall into one of the other categories and the overload of info in cyberspace some of it questionable at best can fry our poor brains.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)