Having an AI assistant that can fix lofe difficulties

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

PiotrekPuczek
New member - welcome them!

Having an AI assistant that can fix lofe difficulties

Post by PiotrekPuczek »

Hello

I struggle with the same problems everyone else here does with variable short term memory, we do not need to retread that one.

I try to work as a chef and unless I have the order tickets right in front of my face I cannot remember the count and numbers of what is on the ticket.

I have dyscalculia with dyspraxia and possibly mild dysgraphia.

I have tried contacting Envision in the Netherlands, they are the company that purchased the unsucessful google glass. I wanted to enquiry about having a mobile assistant that can be seen within thw field of vision and recieve order dockets from the software that can connect to multiple devices.

AI can now identify objects in images, read and recognize real world text and objects and potentially remember the location of items that can send an automatic signal and be recalled using voice command, so for instance that last location of an object will have had a photo taken and it can be redisplayed in the google glass as a reminder.

There are more advanced visual smart glasses hitting the market, but in kitchens what is needed is a less obtrusive or stealth form factor.

This could drastically improve the quality of mine and others lives.

I would like the thoughts of people on these forums about the idea and anything to include or improvements or extra ideas as I am considering a trip to the Netherlands to visit the Envision office to discuss creating this product, I would like as much imput as possible.

Recipes, amounts and quantities, other data such as type of oven, humidity and reference notes can be programmed to be instantly or automatically recalled, also ingrediant process step and who knows possibly an AI that can estimate amounts via visual machine learned reference so mistakes can be avoided. Best by and Sell by dates can be automatically prompted, items in the fridge automatically identified by date and also where located such as specially labelled boxes.

An rfid date label gun could also possibly interact with such as system to determine new and old batches and to voice match items. Proximity sensor could also detail of you are leaving your car or your house or location without phone, keys, reciepts, uniform or anything.

Maybe at a more advanced level an AI might determine you have forgotten to wash your work clothing ect.

Another problem is falling asleep without setting alarms or detecting attempted theft or forgotten things on meters, appointments, car parking times, shops about to close and even human traffic levels that may promp people with movement and navigation disorder to avoid situations that can cause stress and precious time delay

Grammar is another issue, spelling mistakes can be quickly identified and avoided so as not to publish posts or articles with sausage finger mistakes.

Is there any other things that an AI assistant might be able to manage?

Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Having an AI assistant that can fix lofe difficulties

Post by Tom fod »

Please note you are subject to a Formal warning for your post in Topic Does Anyone have Kids or want Kids!
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Having an AI assistant that can fix lofe difficulties

Post by Tom fod »

Working as a chef in a commercial kitchen environment is a tough gig that many here would be apprehensive of.

Is and can consumer accessible AI (from a price perspective) be available to mere mortals at an affordable/accessible price point. You seem to be talking about something akin to the heads-up display you might have in a fighter jet or attack helicopter and I don't think consumer-available AI has reached that level of capability. computers are programmed by humans and we're a long way from infallible!
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)