The Two Dyspraxics

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Shadwell

The Two Dyspraxics

Post by Shadwell »

Just wondering how many people have heard of or listen to "The Two Dyspraxics"? just had an enlightenment of dyspraxic condition that happened during my school days and never thought it was a thing for dyspraxics to do, like sitting on a four legged chair, and wrapping your feet around the front legs of the chair, and leaning back slightly.

how many of you have noticed that you do that? like still something I do to this day, maybe not the leaning back bit, but certainly the wrap your legs around the chair legs. for me personally I think it is a safety thing around animals so that my legs don't just spasm and kick out type of action, or slip off the bar on a stool. but never thought that it would be classed as a dyspraxic symptom.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: The Two Dyspraxics

Post by Tom fod »

I most definitely rate and champion the Two Dyspraxics and have enjoyed their Podcasts and You Tube videos.

I don't think the chair thing is exclusively a Dyspraxic trait as I'm sure other people do it and may also have paid the price of ending up in a heap.

When I went to the Dyspraxia Foundation's Adult Conference in Birmingham in Oct 2019 one of the speakers recounted being told in Teacher Training that a Dyspraxic Pupil would fall off their chair!
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)