Exercise, muscles and coordination.

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

WestEndBlue
New member - welcome them!

Exercise, muscles and coordination.

Post by WestEndBlue »

I have been diagnosed for High Func. ASD (Aspergers, but not until I was 62) and my GP recognises I have Dyspraxia as well, but not worth going for diagnosis. I had back/muscular issues for years, undetectable on medical examination. It was brought on by traing for my second half-marathon and then went on for years, I drove as a salesman which didn't help. I tried a running machine but this brought it back. The final solution was an exercise bike, no problems. However, cycling was problematic due to balance and spacial awareness, ditto with trying to learn to sail, this was really bad.

During lockdown my exercise bike packed in and I tried out running again and I am back to square one, except I can still use the exercise bike fine, with no effect on discomfort and stiffness. The thing is I don' know which things will set it off or be OK, the issues don't tend to kick in straight away.
From observation my issues seem to be focused on impact affecting the hips and back muscles. I don't know how to find "safe" exercise and activities, experimenting can lead to periods with issues (for fairly long periods). So I was looking for any suggestions that might help, there is no one to consult and everyone's issues seem pretty unique to them. Incidentally, if anyone knows and support or groups in North Yorkshire that would be helpful and I would be very grateful.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Exercise, muscles and coordination.

Post by Tom fod »

Hi and welcome

Sorry I/we can't advise on your muscle pain as I'm neither trained in medicine or personal training

I know of a Dyspraxia Teeside group. It would be worth googling to see if there's anything Dyspraxia related Support Group wise for adults in N Yorks.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)