Studying for driving theory test

Learning to drive, driving, and using public transport

Moderator: Moderator Team

akibuta
New member - welcome them!

Studying for driving theory test

Post by akibuta »

Hi everyone ,

I’m in the beginning stages of learning to drive , and if I’m honest I’m finding the whole prospect very daunting and I’m anxious about it ….I’m doing my theory test in 10 days and I feel I can’t retain any information in when trying to study for it - plus I’m finding the whole thing difficult to understand…any advise how to study for this?
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Studying for driving theory test

Post by Tom fod »

Hi there
The Highway code is not my area of expertise as I don't drive. However,since this is as yet unanswered I thought I'd respond

Try to break down what you're reasonably confident you know and what areas you need to concentrate on.
Have you looked at the direct gov website and tried the example test?

Think about how you learn best to get things into your long-term memory.

Would this be going through a copy of The Highway Code Highlighting bits and or writing notes or watching videos online?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Arnkatla
New member - welcome them!

Re: Studying for driving theory test

Post by Arnkatla »

akibuta wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:20 am Hi everyone ,

I’m in the beginning stages of learning to drive , and if I’m honest I’m finding the whole prospect very daunting and I’m anxious about it ….I’m doing my theory test in 10 days and I feel I can’t retain any information in when trying to study for it - plus I’m finding the whole thing difficult to understand…any advise how to study for this?
Even when studying for anything else it's just a matter of understanding.Comprehension is what you're understanding as you're reading the material in that present moment. Retention is what you remember later on.