Duvet covers

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

SkeletaLady
Getting settled in

Duvet covers

Post by SkeletaLady »

Maybe this ought to go under the housekeeping thread, I don't know but does anyone have any advice on the best way to put a duvet cover on a duvet? I find I always end up with the duvet all bunched down one side and can never shake it into place at which point my abnormally dexterous fiance heaves an exasperated sigh and does it all over again.
falconry-fan
New member - welcome them!

Post by falconry-fan »

I hate fighting with my duvet cover.

The best way I've found is to turn it inside out , put your hands inside at each corner, then while still holding the corners grab the corners of the quilt, and give a good flick, the duvet cover should move some way up the quilt and you can pull the rest on from there.
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

the way i do it is as above, turn cover inside out. lay out duvet. put hands inside duvet cover in corners. grab two corners of the duvet. keep hold of them. and 'flick' the rest of the duvet cover down off your arms. then i kinda stand on the bed and shake it off (over the side of the bed). usually ends up all in somehow anyway. Lucy
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

(A demonstration of my rubish explanation of how i do itt:)

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-put ... uvet-cover

Lucy
becky1986
Getting settled in

Post by becky1986 »

i do it the same way too and it always seems to work
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Snap! Me to.... Its the easiest way!!!
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
Pooky
Administrator

Post by Pooky »

I put duvet in one corner of the cover, hold it tight and put the other corner in then shake down whilst holding both corners apart.
SkeletaLady
Getting settled in

Thanks!

Post by SkeletaLady »

Yay! thank you all for your help! I just managed to put on a duvet cover perfectly. It took me two tries but that's still an improvement on the ten it used to take me! It's good to have this place to post to as you all will know why I'm so pleased about this \:D/
Iame
Getting settled in

Re: Duvet covers

Post by Iame »

I do the inside out corner thing too. I remember shaking my duvet once just to make the bed and I shook it so vigourously that it flew up n the air and Knocked the lightbulb up onto the ceiling and it smashed lol.
Starduster
Getting settled in

Post by Starduster »

I also do the inside out duvet cover but I shake it down over the banister, so I can get enough height and let gravity help :-) That's how I fold my bedsheets as well, hang them over the banister.
agsiul
Power poster

Post by agsiul »

That's a brilliant idea. If I ever win the lotto I'm going to employ someone to iron my sheets. I love that feeling of going into bed in a hotel. I think I'll get them to make my bed as well!
ravenm26
New member - welcome them!

Post by ravenm26 »

I’ve inside out duvet cover and shake it down way but it doesn’t fully click for myself