P.E on the PGCE

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lithium_joe
Power poster

P.E on the PGCE

Post by Lithium_joe »

Had a P.E practical on the course today. Most uncomfortable I've felt for a while. :S

Got my left and right confused occasionally and, as suspected, my dribbling skills hand/eye co-ordination are as poor as they've always been.

Heard someone saying afterwards (semi-joking) "oh my god I am *so* bad at P.E - I'm *so* uncoordinated!!"

I admit; I skulked off, mood darkening just a little, thinking to myself 'You don't know the half of it, luv'.' [-X
Nicky
Getting settled in

Post by Nicky »

Do you cope ok on the PGCE in general? I'm thinking of doing one next year and am wondering if my social and organisational skills are up to keeping control of such a large group of children. I've been woking with smaller groups of children with special needs so far and that hasn't gone too badly.
Trust those searching for the truth, never those who have found it.
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

In general and so far all is well, but it's only been one week! ;)

I've an essay due in about a week already (only 1000 words) - and although the student support has all been approved it seems like they have forgotten the facts of my start date and are assuming I am starting on the 24th like most other students. But I am here to tell them I'm in the middle of lectures, note-taking and with an assignment due already and no sign of the support my learning contract supposedly guaranteed. But I can't be pissy about it really because it's a process and these things take time but I do think they've forgotten to check their calendar. ;)
Also I've done all this before so it's a return to form and I'm used to being a bit cerebral so have been in the library scouring my reading lists and brushing up on theory.

If you do a PGCE be prepared it's pretty intensive already I've a full time timetable every day but it's a lot of fun. These people are educating the educators - so they sort of know what they are doing. ;)

Organising a group of 30 kids. Hmm... that will be tricky, I've no doubt but it can be done and usually these days teachers have help in the form of TAs, parents etc. So doable certainly.
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

Hi. i am applying for a pgce secondary maths for next year atm. well still working on my personal statement but its getting there. have done 5 weeks in school and enjoyed it but am a bit nervous about how i'll find the pgce as i'm not the loudest most confident person by a long way, so teaching a whole class might be interesting. am hoping i get in though and looking forward to it if i do. keep us posted on how its going. lucy
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

I've got my first round of teaching practice starting on Monday. ;)

Just observations this time then I got back after half term in November to actually teach.