Power poster

Favourite things

Post by Meg »

:whistle: Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
:whistle:

In the film the Sound of music these were just a few of Maria Von Trapps favourite things so what are your favourite things?

Luv Meg
Xxxx
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate!!!! \:D/
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

driving! but the down side, is not knowing what the other road users are doing!!! as indicators are just christmas tree lights, that don't seem to be replaced when not in use!!

either that, or like me, and my parents seen, totally miss used! like a car in the middle lane, indicating right, and turning left infront of us!
GWhizz
Regular Poster

Post by GWhizz »

Hmm Tough Question

Drawing
Books
My Cd's
My Camera
Chocolate
Raspberrys
Food
Family
Friends
Hugs
My Phone

will probably have to add more as time goes on haven't really thought of it
All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you - Gandalf
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

Liz is wise :)

Also friends. With friends pretty much anything else can explode and you'll come out alright.
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

Friends as in the people
Shopping
Chocolate
Knitting (yes i'm sad)
Making cards
Reminiscing
Family
Collecting autographs
Writing stories
:whistle: These are a few of my favourite things :whistle:

Will prob edit later when I think of more.

Luv Meg
Xxxx
SavV
Regular Poster

Post by SavV »

Let's see....favourite things.

Staying up until 4, 5 in the morning just talking with my best friend.
Ummmm errrrr what else, chocolate. Can't forget chocolate.
The smell of approaching rain.
A good thunderstorm.
The lovely smell of a mix of coal smoke, hot grease, hot oil and steam.Oooh which brings me to another goody, the sound of a steam whistle in the early hours of a cold winters morning where it just seems to echo onwards across the land forever...

Umm....I'm sure I do have more...

Cheers,
SavV
Hang on..... this isn't my classroom...
rhyds
Regular Poster

Post by rhyds »

Shadwell wrote:driving! but the down side, is not knowing what the other road users are doing!!! as indicators are just christmas tree lights, that don't seem to be replaced when not in use!!

either that, or like me, and my parents seen, totally miss used! like a car in the middle lane, indicating right, and turning left infront of us!
Driving here as well! Especially in the sun, with the windows down and some classical music on.

Some road users can be a right pain, I've stopped pulling out of junctions when someone is indicating that they're pulling in to the same junction, as I just don't trust them not to do something stupid...
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

Sailing
The Sound of Music
Musicals
Going to the theatre

again :whistle:These are few of my favourite things :whistle:
rah
Power poster

Post by rah »

ducks
vintage
my bass guitar
my cameras
unexpected kisses
rainbows
playfights
strawberries
summer

:D
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

my collection of postcards (not a mad collecte) - could do with getting them insured

peace and quiet

Family

Food and Drink

College
keiraknightleyfan27
Power poster

Post by keiraknightleyfan27 »

The Sound of Music is on tv all Easter weekend this year here in America!

I like:

Watching movies and discussing them with people.
I'm into most kinds of movies, except I don't really like horror films. I like the ones that make you think like the movie Gattaca or just great non-gory horror movies like The Sixth Sense (one of my favorites!). I also like funny ones or ones that just move your heart. Some of my favorites are romantic comedies (my favorite movie of all time--The Cutting Edge), regular comedies (like Bruce Almighty or Ferris Beuller's Day Off), and dramas (like Good Will Hunting or Where the Heart Is). I also like some mystery/suspense (The Illusionist I think falls into that category), science fiction (like Gattaca--realistic sci-fi, The Matrix, or Star Wars--fantasy sci-fi), and fantasy (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings). Animated ones, especially Disney are good too. Some of my favorite Disney ones are: Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, The Little Mermaid, Tarzan, and Aladdin to name a few. Gotta love sports movies like Bend it Like Beckham, The Sandlot, A League of Their Own, Remember the Titans, and The Natural. Also, I like the action-adventure ones such as Pirates of the Caribbean 1 and 2 (I'll probably like 3 as well).

I'm a movie buff and I know random things about lots of different actors/movies (even ones I haven't seen) so just ask me if you have a question.

Other things I like:

Books--Harry Potter (J.K. Rowling is AMAZING!), books by Nicholas Sparks (author of "The Notebook," "Message in a Bottle," and "A Walk to Remember"), books by Gregory Maguire (author of Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, which the OUTSTANDING musical "Wicked" was based off of), Eragon by Christopher Paolini, other fantasy books, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Anne Brashares (have an autographed book!), some John Grisham and some other random historical fiction or realistic fiction books.

I like to write because I want to be a journalist and eventually be an author of fiction novels. :)

I like hanging with my family and with my friends.

I'm a night owl and it sometimes gets me in trouble in the mornings. 8-[

I love sports, especially baseball. My favorite professional baseball team is the Chicago Cubs! I love them so much! \:D/ I also like soccer (especially women's since my sisters and I all played soccer and I love Mia Hamm, Christine Lilly, Brandy Chastain and the whole World Cup women's Champion USA Soccer team from 1999). I like basketball too and my favorite team is the Chicago Bulls. Michael Jordan is, in my opinion, the greatest basketball player ever. =D>

I love living near Chicago, because it's my favorite city and it houses some of my favorite places (like Wrigley Field where the Cubs play). =D>

I love learning more about Jesus because I'm Christian and I also like learning about other religions.

I love animals such as dogs, apes, and monkeys. I have a dog at home named Kallie. She's a collie and she just turned a year old.
Rory Gilmore (to Lorelai as she leaves for an internship in Chicago): Mom, you've given me everything I need.
Luke Danes (to Lorelai): I just like to see you happy.---"Gilmore Girls" series finale, 5/15/07
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

The Sound of Music is on tv on Easter monday here in England.

I also like
Books (Little Women is my fave)
getting dressed up
Chatting to people on Msn

Luv Meg
Xxxx
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Bank Holiday films! Always reliable, including some of the following favourites:

The Sound of Music
The Great Escape
Dambusters
The Guns of Navarone
Jason and the Argonauts
Zulu
Mary Poppins
and take your pick from Indiana Jones and Back to the Future
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Does anyone else like the glories that are podcasts and on demand radio shows?

Some of my favourites include:
BH, Excess Baggage and much else besides on Radio 4
Media news on Guardian Unlimited
Mark Kermode's movie reviews on Five Live "it's like having tertiary syphilis" - Kermode on The Santa Clause 3