Hobbies

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

Pooky
Administrator

Hobbies

Post by Pooky »

Just wondering what everyones hobbies are.

I am a bit of a geek when it comes to computers and this seems to be my main winter hobby at the moment in the evenings as it is too cold outside, that and reading my books.

I quite like Terry Pratchett and Tom Clancy.

Just re-reading the "triology of five" (quite how you get a triology of five I don't know but that is what the collection of books says) of Hitch Hikers guide to the galaxy at the moment.
monkey
Getting settled in

Post by monkey »

i like to read and going on the compurot.
carrie
Getting settled in

Post by carrie »

love reading do that mostly and coming online ....
NOTHING MAKES LIFE MORE INTERESTING THAN THE WONDERS OF DYSPRAXIA

(*)CARRIE(*)
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

I am a certified Travel junkie and Internet junkie. I also an enthusiastic photographer and travel writer, and hope to make some money out of doing either some day soon! :D

I'm not too good at reading, although I'm not sure if that's due to Irlen's Syndrome (sp), poor concentration or from staring at computer screens for far too many hours :) As a result I've taken up listening to audio books, and I find a good Bill Bryson book keeps my chuckling to and from work! :D
keiraknightleyfan27
Power poster

Post by keiraknightleyfan27 »

watching movies (and analyzing them), anything to do with animals/biology, anything to do with Harry Potter, all types of music (in moderation), writing fiction (want to become an author someday), anything to do with Nicholas Sparks books (eg. The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, Message in A Bottle), anything to do with sports esp. Da Cubs!! =D> my favorite team! =D> I like youth group and Jesus related stuff too. :)
Hanging out with friends/family. Doing random things on the computer.
Rory Gilmore (to Lorelai as she leaves for an internship in Chicago): Mom, you've given me everything I need.
Luke Danes (to Lorelai): I just like to see you happy.---"Gilmore Girls" series finale, 5/15/07
carrie
Getting settled in

Post by carrie »

ooh yeah kkfan also love youthgroup stuff
NOTHING MAKES LIFE MORE INTERESTING THAN THE WONDERS OF DYSPRAXIA

(*)CARRIE(*)
Rosel
Getting settled in

Post by Rosel »

So many things so little time,
I like reading, writing, travelling, clothes, knitting, origami, watching films, reading about films, listening to the radio and day dreaming.
Daniel, i LOVE audio books i just wish they weren't so expensive.
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Interesting list of hobbies, Rosel!

What sort of places have you travelled to?

Do you have any favourite radio stations that you like to listen to? I have a DAB radio, so for music I tend to listen to 6music and XFM, with a bit of Radio 3 / Classic FM if I'm wanting to chill out. For news and entertainment I listen to Radio 4, the World Service and BBC7, although the programming of these is a bit hit and miss.

For Christmas I bought my Mum the audio book version of Alan Bennett's Untold Stories, which she loves.
Rosel
Getting settled in

Post by Rosel »

mostly just Germany and France, but Hong Kong a couple of time and plands for scandinavia, America and Canada some time tin the near future.
On the radio i generally listen to Four and Seven, occasionally classic FM if i'm reading. I also like CBC Radio 1 which is a canadian R4 style station.
Danni
Getting settled in

Post by Danni »

Computers are my life :)

I like reading too- Max Barry is my favourite author.
Esioul
Power poster

Post by Esioul »

Reading
Gardening
Writing
Knitting
I'm getting a digital radio soon, I hope it works.
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

I like Digital Radio, Louise. It depends what sort of programmes you like, but for speech there's Radio 4, BBC 7, World Service, 5 Live in decent quality, and the odd other thing. Lots of music choice, although I tend to stick to largely the same few.
mike!
Getting settled in

Re: Hobbies

Post by mike! »

I like reading philosophical books, working out (im kind of a meathead), I cant get enough of the outdoors such as hunting, hiking, camping. :D i also love writing but find it hard to actually have a good piece of writing because i cannot express my ideas well (whether on paper or verbally)
Creative
Super poster

Post by Creative »

I like reading, going on the internet and watching tv. That's mostly all I do in the house.
Outside the house I have more intersting things to do!
Tim G
Super poster

Post by Tim G »

I am really into lava lamps at the minuet - colecting them, remaking / reparing, comuacting on oozing goo with other lava enthusiasts.
I also like doing some DIY and gardening etc
I was studding lighing programing at collage and working in the entertainment as a lighting technichan and / or crew, about a year ago thats where most of my time was. - I will get back into the industury at some time in the future.
So I guess my other main intrest is lighting for stage and events etc.
The real Mr Potato Head