TV: Doctor Who new series **may contain spoilers**

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

Daniel
Administrator

TV: Doctor Who new series **may contain spoilers**

Post by Daniel »

The new series of Doctor Who begins on Saturday. Are you a fan? Do the trailers for the new series look promising?

A thread for any chat, discussion etc. for the new series of Doctor Who. Post your thoughts!
Last edited by Daniel on Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miss Jayney
Getting settled in

Post by Miss Jayney »

pssst watch episode 12 :)
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

I think this series of Doctor Who looks fab and I shall deff be watching episode 12 =P~
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

I've got Five Live on the radio and on Simon Mayo's show they'll be interviewing the actress who plays the new assistant at some point.
donnaf
Power poster

Post by donnaf »

I always end up enjoying Doctor Who more than I think I will! My fella loves to watch it n I end up really getting into it even tho sci-fi isn't usually my thing (soz sci-fi fans!! :whistle: ) I am WELL looking forward to episode 12 tho \:D/
I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never ever gonna keep me down :D

fuzzy
Power poster

Post by fuzzy »

I love doctor who!!!! Its awesome!!! Why??? what happens in episode 12????
Goodbye, and have a pleasant tommorrow!!
I swear to drunk im not God.....
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Our own Miss Jayney will be making an appearance!
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

yeah will be watching Dr. Who, as it does look good, but missing the first episode #-o , as I am going to my friends evening do tomorrow night :-({|=

looking forward to watching it with my parent's and brother though \:D/ as my brother is going to a party tomorrow as well.

[-o< I remember episode 12!! although I am sure Miss Jayney will count down the episodes for us!!!
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

I suspect it'll be repeated though, as the BBC normally does - although these days it might be on the likes of BBC3.
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

yeah, which is great if you can get freeview, or digital, but not available unless I get sky digital in my area, as the airwaves are too mixed up in my area, so won't get freeview until the major switch off.

(what's the point in paying for a tv licence when you can only get the standard 1-5 and s4c?)

so much so I have decided not to buy another tv licence, as it is too expensive for the amount that I actually do watch tv.

I think I watch it at tops 30 mins a week if I am lucky! so the big switch off happens when my licence runs out!

besides which had more fun on the internet, than have had in laughs watching tv in the last 7 or so years.
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

I really enjoyed this Doctor Who What did everyone else think?

Luv Meg
Xxxx
Last edited by Meg on Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

soz at friends evening do, but got to miss 5 mins, then watch 10 mins before I left, so I think I will keep my head out of this thread until I have seen it soz!

as Meg did write a little too much for those wanting to see it!!
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

Oops sorry! Will edit it
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Not absolutely necessary as you would expect discussion of an episode after it has aired. I'll add spoiler warnings in the thread header.

As far as my 2p is concerned, I thought it was a solid series opener for introducing a new main character. The plot line was plausible enough in the Doctor Who way and it did a good job of establishing the new relationship between Doctor and sidekick/assistant.

Speaking of which the new assistant - forgotten her name already - came over better than I expected. I had feared a London 'innit wicked' character, but this wasn't the case at all. I wonder if her medical skills will come in handy along the way at some stage.

What else? Well the Moon was looking nice for the time of the year. Random aliens, yes, why not? A decent, solid episode on whole I thought.
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

hi meg, I didn't mean as in delete it, just would have been nice for a little warning sign, as the forum didn't have the warning on the link.

which dan has done now, so be joining in with these chats when I see each episode, like my mother is going to record it all tonight for us to watch on Tuesday.

as all I actually seen was the bit where the new assistant was running around the hospital, for some reason, and then she met up with the Dr, and then they went out onto the balcany.

I think from what I seen the storyline was a little hard to get into with all the changes in scenery. it might have helped if I had watched the first 5 or so minutes.

as for spoiller's, that is why I don't watch such previews of films, as I see something, and think well that is worth going to watch in the cinema, and then you find out that all the preview done was show you all the best parts. so then I feel like I have wasted money.

all you feel like, is that you went to watch is the boring storyline. because none of the funny bits are there anymore, as you had already seen them.