Power poster

Post by Greg »

x_equals_speed on livejournal
x_equals_speed on facebook
Consistancy for the win :P
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Right, in an attempt to catch up with these funky new website trends I've signed myself up to the lot.

I'm eurobahn on Bebo and as for Facebook* best to get me from one of the others as my name is too common.

I've been chatting with others about the progression of websites for keeping in touch with your mates. When I finished Uni Friends Reunited was pretty much the one, but of course it doesn't do much to keep people coming back or updating their info. That fact that these new services allow you to keep in touch with your mates while sharing photos and blogging easily is a great idea. I just need to find any of my ancient friends who have happened to have joined the revolution. They're not thick on the ground though; I suspect all this new technology is a bit much for them :P

*correction from Livejournal which I wrote originally and which I don't use
Last edited by Daniel on Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GWhizz
Regular Poster

Post by GWhizz »

i'm /davetothetyrrell on myspace not sure about facebook but I will add you all when I can and I don't know about joining bebo some of the young people from my volunteer work are on it and I don't think I can trust it

I am starting a blog on blogger I made need some assistance it would be very helpful it is davetothetyrrell.blogspot.com
All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you - Gandalf
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Good luck with the blog, I've just posted a comment to it :D

Does anyone else have a personal blog that incorporates their dyspraxia at all? Part of what makes blogs work is to link between them all and we could link to each others blogs. A dyspraxic blogosphere no less!
GWhizz
Regular Poster

Post by GWhizz »

it's not just about dyspraxia it's about other things but haven't got round to anything else yet.

Thanks for the comment! I am on Facebook as David Tyrrell Yes the crisps!
All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you - Gandalf
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

My blogs just about me really, dyspraxia gets mentioned from time to time, cause it's a part of me, but not a big part, so not that often :P
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

I think that's the same for many blogs, Greg. Dyspraxia represents an element in the day-to-day but there's plenty else going on too. I've not mentioned dyspraxia in my blog much at all since rekindling it in December but it's underlying suppose. Still, everyone likes grouping themselves together so why not form a dyspraxic bloggers one?
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

I guess I can't think of a reason not to do it.
I'm just not sure why anyone who didn't know me would want to read my blog :P
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

You'd be surprised the blogs that get read. Some attain real cult status. Perhaps they're themed; my favourites include one about things seen on and generally about the London Underground, another takes a scathing but entertaining look at politics and others are just about people's lives but either covering interesting areas or written in an engaging fashion.

The vast majority of blogs receive few visitors, I know mine doesn't get many, but if you want to keep something of a diary that will at the same time share your thoughts with others on the net, then it's not a bad hobby to have.
William
New member - welcome them!

Post by William »

I'm on facebook as William Southwell-Wright if anyone wants to add me
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

Oh don't get me wrong, I run my blog, I like blogging and I'm going to keep doing it. I just don't have any expectation that people will find it sufficiently entertaining to be worth reading as a stranger. Precisely because it's got no theme that the average person can relate to - if I were blogging for popularity and hits I could probably manage a better job of it, but that's not my objective ;)
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

I'm on facebook. :D
Last edited by Lucy_Rush on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

Kay kay, just went on an adding spree and did everyone who posted so far for facebook and livejournal. There was someone with five pages of entries on facebook so I didn't bother all of them, but for everyone else with just less than a page of entries I decided I didn't mind scaring strangers who I'd probably never see again.

So if you get a message along the lines of "CONFESS! Is it you?" then you know who it's from.
Miss Jayney
Getting settled in

Post by Miss Jayney »

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=512201936 on fce bok - hll knows hat name - i thught i as just under my actual name... argh for not rememebering things well

i'm baloobas on lj, or baloobastravel or tattered_alice (greedy litle bunny)

i'm also baloobas (or that's the myspace profile link) on myspace.
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

I have a myspace account and I have stop using facebook for the moment

I find that all theses blogs (for example xanga, myspace, bebo etc) have pretty much the same features but have at least one thing different about them - (but have at least one - points about each one)

Facebook, friends reunited etc are pretty much the same but have some different features from one another