FYBROMYALGIA

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

joy
Power poster

FYBROMYALGIA

Post by joy »

Do any of the adults who have Dyspraxia have FYBROMYALGIAWONDERING IF THER especially those who have panic attacks and anxiety.
Ldyalb
Regular Poster

Re: FYBROMYALGIA

Post by Ldyalb »

Sorry it's a late reply - not been on for ages as have been very unwell due to Fibro. The Fibro forum I post on has a lot of Dyspraxics on it - apparently Fibro and Dyspraxia are a common combo. As are Hypermobility and Fibro and Hypermobility and Dyspraxia. Apparently having all 3 (like myself) is quite common.

I do have panic attacks occasionally and have suffered with anxiety in the past. Think they often go hand in hand with many medical conditions :(
Dyspraxia - Dx Jan 2010, borderline ASD as well plus strong Dyscalculia overlap.

Fibromyalgia - Dx Jan 2011.
Hypermobility - Dx April 2011
Willis-Ekbom Disease - Dx November 2011

I also have Eczema, Rosacea and Trichitollomania. Oh joy :)
petra
New member - welcome them!

Post by petra »

I know a few people who have both dyspraxia and fibromyalgia. I agree that anxiety and panic are both symptoms of all sorts of illnesses, and not only symptoms of fibromyalgia. Unfortunately, it all goes hand in hand. I wonder if there are any treatments that treat both illnesses at the same time? If there is, then that would be the most efficient route to take.
joy
Power poster

Post by joy »

If you have dyspraxia you will have a flaw in your reflexes your muscles and joints take more of a effort to try and work them properly you may experience that you tire more easily than other people this is called reactive hypoglacemia because your blood sugar drops if you eat a healthy snack you should usually perk up because it is more of a effort for some reason dyspraxics often complain more of aching joints and many are diagnosed with fybromialgia as is the case with many agoraphobics and people who have panic attacks also maybe predisposed to fybromyalgia as well