Outbursts! Anger and fraustration!

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Miss Pitsea
New member - welcome them!

Outbursts! Anger and fraustration!

Post by Miss Pitsea »

Does anyone else have outburst of anger and frustration,causing shouting, screaming, crying uncontrollably and feeling so so alone.
It keeps happening to me! All my life I have had temper tantrums. When little mum said I would cahrge aroud the tabel adn knowck myself out, eyes rolling.....Attention seaking!
At school, I used to run in tears out of lessons. Very depressed, anxious, lack of relationships.....

Now I am an adult and things are worse with my temeper, fruastration, anxiety, depression....

Bad news last week casued me to smash up some things, act violently and abusive.
Today I made spectacle of myself. I got upsett, felt confused, misunderstood and bullied by the dietion on the phone. I scread,shouted, cryed, was in a terribel, terrilbe state!! This went on for hours!!

I keep getting like this, I swear, I am abusive, I cry, I shout, I scream. My life is terrilbe and I feel so isolated and alone.

I am waiting to see a new Therapist and the dietion on Wednesday now.

I have no friends, I can not be around people. I can not go out alone. i have a 24 hours live in carer and need support with all daily living tasks.

Please, is anyone else like me? I feel like I have lost my mind and do not know what to do.

I would like to speak with someone who understands and can tell me 'its ok'.

Sorry for the rant and thank you.x :banana:
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Re: Outbursts! Anger and fraustration!

Post by Captain_Ludd »

Hi Pitsea,

I can certainly relate to the fustration, depression, anxity and the feeling of being kind of an outsider looking in, and I was very similar as a kid, but I've kinda learnt to control it as I get older.
Sounds a bit like your lashing out cos of a feeling of lack of control (Note: I'm no head doctor so dont take this for gospal just my opinion) try not to focus on what you cant do but what you can.
I always try and set my self little goals for the day or week and work towards them you'll have set backs but when you achive them you'll feel more "empowered" (I hate that horrible American Opra Winfrey style word).
As for the outburst I get the same impulse sometimes to, not knowing wether to run out the room sceaming or rip somes head off, but dont let them control you cos raging at people only tends to push people who are trying to help you away.
When I get like that I tend to just walk away find somewhere to myself breath and relax I also try and understand why I acted the way I did and deal with the root cause, often I find I am raging at someone esle its not for something they've done but because somthing else is stressing me out.
Bottom line is, I think 90% of the people on this fourm can relate in some part to what your saying the key is not letting it control you.
If you cant find someone to talk to at home then talk here (Note: Talking to people GOOD, Ranting to people NOT SO GOOD, ranting at people BAD :) ).

D*mn, another epic oh well hope some of that helped :D .
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

You're not alone. Really lots of people have feelings like these and they really can be disabling. Some people try to understand/help and that can be just as painful when you feel it/you are getting nowhere. Often it seems 'they just don't know' but are trying their best for you even though they don't. Being angry is rarely productive and I find it then makes me feel even worse!

My best tip would be Don't be hard on yourself. Yes people are judgemental, that's their problem too! If something upsets you try to divert your anger and frustration and do something that calms you down. Have a rant on here getting it out of your head and onto paper or the screen can help. If it's really bad just do it on paper though you can delete your own posts on here. Im sure a lot of us on here understand and we too have reacted badly at times.

Read the 'You know your dyspraxic when posts and try to see a funnier side. I find watching My Name is Earl good for me when I've had a hard day.

Hope you feel better soon. Try not to dwell on things and try to focus on/think of ways forward rather than blaming yourself for things past or as they are currently. Try to be open to peoples suggestions and keep an open mind even when things are hard.

Take care

Tom
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
madlittleminx92

Post by madlittleminx92 »

I can relate to the anger and frustration although not quite on the same scale as you described. I think it's hard for people like us because at least for me i hate admitting that i need help to do things. I find that if other people need help i can accept that it's not a bad thing but when i need help it's something for me to feel frustrated and ashamed about. Also when i get help i have a habit of pretending i didn't get any which annoys people for obvious reasons and i get angry because i know it annoys people and then i get annoyed with myself for being disrespectful to the people who helped me. I don't know if anyone else gets this but at least there's some understanding there x
lauraECFan
Power poster

Post by lauraECFan »

I have outbursts occasionally but I tend to take it out on my bed more than anything. Had one the other day as my laptop needs a repair (no idea why it just wont start up and only way to turn it off is to take the battery out)
Animal lover forever
Bookworm forever
Live for today :)
if you have a dream chase it catch it and never let go of it
Stopfordian-Matt

Post by Stopfordian-Matt »

I get really angry over the slightest things and punch walls and throw things and i shake quite alot. I also sometimes cry for no reason but not out of frustration. weird thing is as a child a was really relaxed and easy going but as i got older my anger seems to get worse and worse
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

It' the other way round for me, when younger I was easily provoked, outbursts and tantrums were as regular as clockwork.

And then one day the penny dropped, I realised that my outbursts looked stupid and had no benefit what so ever. I worked on controlling my anger and gradually stopped having outbursts of any kind.

I still have inherent impatience within me, and small things still make me irrationally angry. However I've learnt not to react or at least only do it in my own privacy if I do. I'm really quite passive in reality today.
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle: