Patrick Checking In...

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Patrick
New member - welcome them!

Patrick Checking In...

Post by Patrick »

Hello all,

My name is Patrick. I'm 35, originally from a small town in Ohio (USA), have moved around a lot: San Francisco, Nürnberg (Germany), Cork (Ireland), Berlin (Germany), and finally been in London now for about five years. I'm a Macintosh technician (among other things) for a publishing company and am currently doing a BA in German Studies at Birkbeck College, University of London.

So that's my mystery according to my CV. I was diagnosed with Dyspraxia in November of 2005. I thought about going for testing all last year during my first year at university because I knew something wasn't right...something never has been right. I've always had bad memory problems, problems writing, reading always took me so much longer than every one else, copying things from the board was always a chore, concentrating for long periods of time just never worked for me, among other things. I finally went for testing in November and all the tests proved my problem areas. Dyspraxia was the culprit.

I was really happy to find this site. I've read around some of the message boards and I can see others have similar experiences as I do. That's is such a great thing!
Pooky
Administrator

Post by Pooky »

Hiya, Welcome to the forums.
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Hi Patrick! Yeah it's quite a relief when you finally discover there's a load of other people out there experiencing the same things are you. Looking forward to reading about your experiences and stories on the forum.
jme
Regular Poster

Post by jme »

hey patrick!
patrick wrote:I've always had bad memory problems, problems writing, reading always took me so much longer than every one else, copying things from the board was always a chore, concentrating for long periods of time just never worked for me, among other things.
I can identify with everything you mentioned there!!! :)

welcome :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."

"Normal refers to someone who hasn’t had enough tests!"
fuzzy
Power poster

Post by fuzzy »

Hey Patrick, pleased to meet you! Welcome to the forums! :D
Goodbye, and have a pleasant tommorrow!!
I swear to drunk im not God.....