Poor concentration and paperwork!

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

little g
New member - welcome them!

Poor concentration and paperwork!

Post by little g »

Do any of you out there have very limited concentration spans? Mine is shocking! i don't fit the criteria for ADHD but ADD (without the H) for sure (ive never had this assessed)

I am major behind with my paper work at work, I have bought it home because i cannot concentrate on it at work... I am getting into trouble for not doing it, I am stressing about it, but i find it so hard to put my thoughts into words that i can take over an hour on one paragraph! I no it sounds good in the end... but im so slow and that mixed in with my strong desires to get up an walk around the room rather than actually focus are a nightmare!

Any advice, any tips?

ps i feel bad about using this forum as I work with people who are significantly more dyspraxic than myself and its their reports i am struggling to write! nightmare... !

I have spoken to my superirors but they keep telling me just to get on with it, basically they needed the reports about 2 weeks ago and their patience is getting less! I have spent most of today in tears and am contimplating leaving, dyspraxia services are high in demand as this forumn indicates, there is limites scope to be late or behind! arrrggghhh (sorry needed to vent)!

Anyway, to those of you who are less stressed, i hope you are enjoying the build up to Chrismatmas :P
Liz944
Super poster

Re: Poor concentration and paperwork!

Post by Liz944 »

Personally I would ask your bosses at work if they could make reasonable adjustments for you e.g. slightly longer to write reports or a quite room so you can concentrate due to your dyspraxia... I would have thought they would be more accomodating especially in your line of work...

Try not to get to stressed..... :)
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
WTCCFan
Regular Poster

Post by WTCCFan »

little g wrote:Do any of you out there have very limited concentration spans? Mine is shocking! i don't fit the criteria for ADHD but ADD (without the H) for sure (ive never had this assessed)
Been ages since I last posted. Been involved in other things.

I feel sometimes. Not for long though. I can usually get back to working on a PC straight away. But I have noticed that I do apply total concentraton when talking to other people. Late in about November last year I began asked to help out on the Internet & Email course on my voluntary job at my local Age Concern branch and I quicly found I don't go off into a dreamland or start staring out at the window.
little g wrote:ps i feel bad about using this forum as I work with people who are significantly more dyspraxic than myself and its their reports i am struggling to write! nightmare... !)
Don't feel bad! You have come to the right place. Dyspraxics like Dyslexics always seem to find alternate ways to cope with problems because theirs many they encounter. I am not bothered that your dyspraxic or not. I am just interested in helping you cope with a problem you have.
little g wrote:I have spoken to my superirors but they keep telling me just to get on with it, basically they needed the reports about 2 weeks ago and their patience is getting less! I have spent most of today in tears and am contimplating leaving, dyspraxia services are high in demand as this forumn indicates, there is limites scope to be late or behind! arrrggghhh (sorry needed to vent)!
I would agree with Liz994.Also it wouldn't harm to simply ask your bosses to understand. Be more sympathetic. Two weeks late does sound like a major time-scale for being behind schedule but don't fret. Just ask your bosses to be more sympathetic.
sheppeyescapee
Power poster

Post by sheppeyescapee »

Yes! I find it incredibly hard to concentrate on paperwork. It takes me ages to even look at a form for more than a few seconds, then even longer to fill them in. I have several important forms that I haven't been able to concentrate on long enough that are way overdue. [-X
I am J, 24, husband, student, diagnosed AS and Dyspraxia.