Photoshopping

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

quackstar84
Regular Poster

Post by quackstar84 »

I don’t wish to start an argument with you Pooky although the definition of “advertisement” is:
“to make something known generally or in public, especially in order to sell it”.
I’m not wishing to sell it to make money myself… rather; I’m allowing others to become aware how to require it with out payment… so the word “advertise” is some what ironic… although I do understand where you’re both coming from and I respect that.
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Thanks for the tip on Inkscape, Pooky, I've been after a vector graphics program for a while.
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

I have only walked up the monument once and I agree its a hard slog to walk to the top....[/quote]
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

Your definition is good, but your interpretation is not :P

It says that the word advertising is *especially* appropriate for selling something. That doesn't mean it can't be regualarly applicable if you've got nothing to sell.

Besides even if that interpretation was valid, selling doesn't have to mean you exchange something for money, it's got multiple definitions. You can, for example, sell yourself to an interviewer. Or sell someone on an idea.

In conclusion, if you wish to encourage or enable people to conduct illegal activities over the forums it's best to send PMs. I'll swap you the basics of building a hydrogen bomb for the latest episode of dr who, call me ;)
quackstar84
Regular Poster

Post by quackstar84 »

When you sell something you gain something in return(A kind of profit*) I would gain nothing from giving out this information which I offer… apart from the other person’s positive emotions.

*1. If you sell yourself to an interviewer and succeed you “gain” a job which gives you “profit”

What it “can” mean is one gains something in return in the sense of “balance” and so my interpretation is fine because my offer is an "selfless" act.

How can one swap information with out “advertising*” it first on the board?… although again I’m not interested in “gaining” any other form of information/profit myself and so it’s not required in order to “gain” information on “conducting illegal activities”… and so I am “not” “advertising*”…

*1.lol

Spank you.

=)
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Before we wander any further off topic, the guidelines for the forum are not intended to be exhaustive, they are to clarify some points which members might not necessarily be clear on. It should be obvious enough that illegal activity should be neither undertaken nor promoted on the forum, however if this needs to made clearer I can add it to the forum info.

Cheers,

Dan,
Forum admin.
Dani
Getting settled in

Post by Dani »

Some nice stuff on here :cool:

Played with the colour settings a bit..

Central St Martins..
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

I've fianally managed to download a free trial which lasts until my b'day so here are a couple of banners I made.

Luv Meg
Xxxx[/img]
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Great images, Dani!