Solo Travel

Learning to drive, driving, and using public transport

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Solo Travel

Post by Tom fod »

Which mountain are you claiming and where? What are typical weather and conditions at the time you plan your ascent/descent?

Have you looked at local info re routes conditions etc
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
javiergonzales
New member - welcome them!

Post by javiergonzales »

One destination I'd highly recommend for solo travel is Manuel Antonio in Costa Rica. It's a stunningly beautiful place with plenty to see and do, from hiking through the rainforest to relaxing on the beach.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Also companies like Explore and Exodus operate small group tours that you can join as a solo traveller.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

adelynschans wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:43 pm Could you share a resource to get ready for climbing a mountain?
You have 48 hrs to plead your case. We suspect you are only here to post spam.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

Timbee
New member - welcome them!

Post by Timbee »

javiergonzales wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:33 pm One destination I'd highly recommend for solo travel is Manuel Antonio in Costa Rica. It's a stunningly beautiful place with plenty to see and do, from hiking through the rainforest to relaxing on the beach.
Do you have any other recommendations? Costa Rica seems far for me.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Timbee wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:32 pm
javiergonzales wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:33 pm One destination I'd highly recommend for solo travel is Manuel Antonio in Costa Rica. It's a stunningly beautiful place with plenty to see and do, from hiking through the rainforest to relaxing on the beach.
Do you have any other recommendations? Costa Rica seems far for me.
Regrettably I have deep suspicions that Javier is not here to talk about living with dyspraxia. I suspect he just wants to post links to commercial sites some of which may be operated by scammers.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator