Quick introduction

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Sunflower94
New member - welcome them!

Quick introduction

Post by Sunflower94 »

Hi everyone, my name's Patrick and I'm new here! Delighted to find this forum, having lived with dyspraxia my whole life, it is great to see other people have similar experiences to me and I'm not the only one.

I found this website this morning as I was worried about walking to work in the snow, but thankfully I haven't had to go in anyway. I thought it would be good to write a quick introduction for myself.

I live in London and I work as a teacher. I've been aware of being dyspraxic pretty much as long as I can remember, which I guess makes me lucky. I've always tried to see dyspraxia as something that makes me a bit different, and makes me stand out. True, sometimes it can be annoying as I can't complete what should be simple tasks, but it is just something that makes me who I am. I live with 3 friends, and none of them are nuerotypical, so I think that helps me accept it a lot more, and it helps me to laugh at myself when I do something dyspraxic, which I think is important.

That's about it really! I'm looking forward to hearing from and sharing stories with everyone, I hope that this will help me further in accepting dyspraxia as part of my life, because I think I used to struggle when I was younger.

Looking forward to hearing from you and stay safe in the snow guys :)
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Quick introduction

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Patrick
Welcome to the forum (or fora). I find my walking boots are best thing to wear in snow there are a sort of overshoe called yax trax that are sort of like crampons but withoutthe metal spikes.

I think the key to surviving and thriving is to accept and embrace our differences, otherwise things can end up being infinitely more miserable. Of course that's easier to stay if you've been fortunate in finding your niche and there are so many who have not been as fortunate.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)