Pulled muscles and cramps?

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Auron
Power poster

Pulled muscles and cramps?

Post by Auron »

Hy forum, I haven't logged in in quite a long time, but I had a question and I figured this would be the best place to ask it.

I'm curious if any of you suffer an above average amounts of pulled muscles and/or cramps in your daily lives.
I seem to have very bad luck with them especially when trying new forms of exercise or doing unusual tasks.
I've also woken up in the morning more times then seems usual with a completely pulled neck or back muscle. It can often well... if you'll excuse the pun be a pain in the neck for quite a few days.

Cramps are another thing, I find if I were to do something like attempt to take my shows off using my feet while lying down, (rather then sit up, bend down and use my hands to remove my shoes) I almost run a 50/50 shot of getting a cramp either in my thigh, my calf or my foot.

It just seems in the last few months I've spent more time either recovering from a cramp, or pulled muscle then I've spent being healthy.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Pulled muscles and cramps?

Post by Tom fod »

While it is said that we may be more prone to issues as a result of bad posture etc. Does it necessarily have to be so?

If the way you're exercising or choosing to remove your shoes is causing you to pull muscles or experience cramps, it is not exactly healthy is it? There are various professionals who you could speak to for proper advice.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Tomtom
Regular Poster

Post by Tomtom »

I've noticed that I tend to cramp up in my swimming club more than everyone else, weirdly it's often my feet/toes that cramp up, they tend to pass for me after a couple of minutes though.
Auron
Power poster

Post by Auron »

@ Tom fod
Yes I'm sure that's true, I was just asking here to guage the likelihood of it being dyspraxia related, or something different.

I like to try and stay "handy" with my limbs and have done so all my life, but when I start getting cramps and pulled muscles for my efforts, it's a stronger deterrent then just making a mess of something short term, especially If I'm working or have a busy week.

@ Tomtom

Does it happen (for example) when you try do a particular action, i.e., foot kicking. For me it really does seem like I've "trained" my foot to cramp in certain situations, and If I even think about then action for long enough, I can almost bring a foot cramp on without doing anything!!