Partner with dyspraxia.

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

kt2576
New member - welcome them!

Partner with dyspraxia.

Post by kt2576 »

Hi, ive only just joined.My partner of 15 months has recently been diagnosed with dyspraxia.
He is lovely and I dont know what I would do without him.The thing is he doesnt understand a great deal about it however
What I would like to know is does having dyspraxia make it more difficult intimacy wise as I have noticed that although he loves hugs
And cuddles etc he doesnt seem to enjoy kissing all that much.Does this have something to do with coordination?
Would love to understand more please.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Partner with dyspraxia.

Post by Tom fod »

Hi

I think the best thing to do would be to ask him as we can only really speculate and I don't think that's wise.

Just be patient and understanding and seek his views and try to have a relaxed talk about each others likes and dislikes.

All the best
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
calumfsinclair
Regular Poster

Post by calumfsinclair »

I've just got a girlfriend and I have tactile defensiveness and I don't really know how to start hugging her. We just take it slow and she asks if it's okay to touch me before touching me. Also deep pressure is better than light touch. I really want to see if anyone has better advice than me, cause I have never kissed her (or anyone for that matter!). I find touching really hard but I know she will help me through it! :)
Sticks and stones will break your bones, but more often if your dyspraxic!!!
jad101
Getting settled in

Post by jad101 »

Just ask him or message him and talk it through I'm sure he"all understand.