Stressfull Week

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kimiann
Getting settled in

Stressfull Week

Post by Kimiann »

Hi everyone,
I work at a pre-school/long daycare centre and we have just had a two day assessment visit. They watch our every move and talk to us about the children, their routines and our programming. As the room leader I've been so stressed about this last bit. I became really clumsy (not just my normal clumsy) and filled in 3 accident reports in one week! I couldn't remember peoples names and kept getting my words muddled, was very easily distracted and consequently very cross with myself.
Anyway, the day came and they visited our room at the busiest time of the day - putting 1-3 year olds to bed! So I stressed a bit more. When they were all asleep I had my "chat" with them. I surprised myself, I knew all the answers! Two of my staff listened in from the lunch room and said I sounded very confident and professional. The assessors said they were very happy with my room. After they left I sat with the one baby that was up and tried not to cry - silly but that's me!
I guess my dyspraxia worked in two ways this week - one - the stress made it worse and two- my OCD and obsession with perfection made me remember everything correctly. No-one at work knows I'm dyspraxic, they think I'm OCD and I just go with that!

After all that, I'm still glad I'm me, with my crazy dyspraxia!!!
Ruth
Power poster

Re: Stressfull Week

Post by Ruth »

Blimey what a week!!

Well done for impressing the assesors. =D> I hope you had a lovely relaxing wekend...
Kimiann
Getting settled in

Re: Stressfull Week

Post by Kimiann »

I did relax at the weekend, thanks Ruth, shopping, reading, scrapbooking! We've been couple of days, relaxed at work the last couple of days a stranger would probably certify the lot of us!!

Kim