meetings at Uni

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

Dishwasher
Getting settled in

meetings at Uni

Post by Dishwasher »

Do any unis or colleges have ways that Dyspraxic people can meet to discuss issues affecting them/ swap advice etc?
(Like a society but a bit more discrete)
If not why not? (My uni doesnt seem to)
AlleyCat
Power poster

Re: meetings at Uni

Post by AlleyCat »

It seems like a good idea, but I don't know of any that have anything like that. I suppose Disability Services (normally part of Student Services) could set up meetings and advertise them on their own board. Otherwise, a student could set up a society, but I'm not sure what it might be called to ensure it was both discreet and made people aware of its purpose- perhaps it could also include people with dyslexia, adhd and asperger syndrome and be called the Neurodiverse Society?
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Post by Captain_Ludd »

I there is'nt one at mine either I did ask and they said I could set one up but I struggle to organise a p*** up in a brewery so declined, although there is a general special needs group for anyone registed with a disability.
Tim G
Super poster

Post by Tim G »

Regarding unie - thats somthing to sort out with via student services / student union etc.
Contact the dyspraxicia foundation and see whats going on with the local groups in the areara - what areara are you from?
The real Mr Potato Head
maylax
New member - welcome them!

Post by maylax »

I haven't heard of this before but it sounds like a really good idea though.
I recently got natural breast enhancement using only breast actives. I was amazed at my breast enhancement. If you want this too then read my breast actives review or any breast actives reviews will do.