Greetings from SE London

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

beansontoast
Getting settled in

Greetings from SE London

Post by beansontoast »

Hi all!

I've just found this forum today, I've not used a Dyspraxia-specific forum before :)

I'm Robin, I live in SE London with a tank of tropical fish, and I work part-time for a disabled-led theatre company based in East London. I'm also trying to study with the OU, but I've never managed to work and study alongside each other before, I'm not sure how it'll go!

I'm looking for a bit of support around getting a concrete diagnosis. I've been assessed for SpLD and have "a cognitive profile consistant with a Specific Learning DIfficulty", as well as Autistic traits (which seem to be more linked to mood / tiredness / overload for me, so I think it's not that I have an ASD, just that when I'm pushed to my limit I appear Autistic, if that makes sense). I don't have Dyslexia, but the guy that assesed me for SpLDs wasn't able to do a Dyspraxia assessment, so although he thought that was likely, it's not confirmed.

Anyway, blah blah blah.

I finally have the money to go for a private assessment. I emailed a guy called Tim Francis, and his reply seemed really cavalier, which put me off a bit. Has anyone here seen him? Is he decent / thorough?

Best wishes all

Robin