Leaving cert exam

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

Little Miss Anxious
Power poster

Leaving cert exam

Post by Little Miss Anxious »

Could I please get some help with getting through the exam and passing my Business and English exam please... My exam is very soon and it is my first time doing the leaving cert so I would very much appreciate your help please and if there is anything any of you would like help with, let me know. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you!
Get back to me as soon as possible please.x
Amy Conway
Lizzi
Getting settled in

Re: Leaving cert exam

Post by Lizzi »

What sort of level of English hun? I got an A at A level but can't stretch any further than that (and even then I really dunno how I managed it) . Let me know if you still need any help xxxxx
Little Miss Anxious
Power poster

Re: Leaving cert exam

Post by Little Miss Anxious »

I don't mean to seem pessimistic but I feel like I have really let myself down in English.

I didn't stick to the rules of the essay

I didn't really answer the questions to the Comparitive study because I didn't know whether to choose Heroine/Villan or Themes and I didn't understand what I had to do or the questions. The questions didn't make any sense to me.

I might have exluded alot of important information in answering my questions to the poems and didn't put in much or any relevant important information and the info I did put in could be irelevant - not correct answers to the questions.

I feel though that I did well in my single text - King Lear but put in a few or more incorrect quotes.

In both Business and English I found the exams time consuming and in English I was tempted to leave the exam room because of pressure from what is expected and that you can't go over the time.

I forgot alot of information essential for the Business exam but attempted 13 questions in total and didn't bother answering one more from part one or part two of the paper which was asked. There were alot of things in the exam that I never revised much on or never learned before so I just guessed by self opinion and logic which is quite tough.

I feel that I could have done better and should have practised timing myself in exercise before the exam which is what my teacher wanted me to do.

Have History, Geography and Maths to do the following June 2011.

Should I repeat if I am unhappy with my exam results and why???

I wanted to get a B or C in my English and Busines even thought it would be amazing and excelent if I got an A. Would it be possible to get an A and how???
Amy Conway