TV Series

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

Remus
Regular Poster

TV Series

Post by Remus »

Anybody watching any good TV series? I have a bunch of boxsets, my shelves are starting to collapse with them! :lol: I love many of them. Recently though, I have got into two series.

One is Supernatural. It's always been one I wanted to watch but never got around to actually watching. Anyway, I bought the first boxset and loved it from the start. I'm now just started Season 4 so nearly catched up with everyone. Dean and Sam are just the best! =D> I was quite scared the first couple of times I watched it because I watch it on my own late at night in the dark and there is a few jumpy bits in it. Now though I've got used to it though. One episode though "Hook Man" I was camping downstairs on the sofa watching and there was this spirit for a hook for a hand and it was getting to the crucial bit when something caught me from the back. I jumped off the sofa so fast! It was my little kitten, Dylan, he had came behind me and attacked me! :lol:

The other one is True Blood which I just love. I've watched both seasons and loved every episode. The characters are just great and plot is amazing. Although, it definitely not family viewing being a 18. I was just blush like anything if I had to watch in front of my folks. :blush:

What about you guys?

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute G. B. Stern
Evasura
Power poster

Re: TV Series

Post by Evasura »

lv True Bllod too. Loved Season 1 and I'm gonna start watching season 2 (watch them online).
Have just finished watching Heroes. Loved it! 4 seasons in 2 months! completely addicted 2 it! What about Glee? eery1 talks about it so I decided to watch it and I found it a complete idiocy. But of course, that's my opinion
Eva in London
Remus
Regular Poster

Post by Remus »

True Blood is just awesome. I won't spoil it for you but if you loved season 1, you will definitely love season 2. Michelle Forbes's character, Maryann certainly create mass havoc in this season, a lot of dramatic events.

Heroes is another one I've always want to watch but never got around to it. I've catched odd bits of it and it's always looked good. Hopefully one day I will get to watch it.

I watched the first episode of Glee the other day and I found it okay but very strange as a show. I think it would take awhile to get into that one.

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute G. B. Stern
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

last thing I bought was Gavin & Stacy (Welsh v. English BBC Comedy), last series before that was Star Trek: Enterprise. but haven't really seen anything good apart from Gavin & Stacy for a few years, there again with health not being up to much then I have been zoned out. so even if I switched on the tv, I would sit and watch it for hours, and still not remember anything I seen.
Creative
Super poster

Post by Creative »

I love Gavin and Stacey! :D
Lady Fluff
Power poster

Post by Lady Fluff »

got the Gavin and Stacey box set for Xmas - haven't watched it yet as we're watching Veronica Mars together for now (but as a Welsh/English couple, it should be fun!).
I've just watched all of Glee which I thought was really fun (though way too reliant on Autotune for the music which did my head in a bit). Recently I've finished a rerun of the prison drama 'Bad Girls', and have started rewatching Buffy (and Angel, when they series' split). I've got the whole of Xena which I will probably rewatch some time later in the year, but that depends if my urge to rewatch Battlestar Galactica (new version) again wins out. I have a few other complete series - Waiting For God, You Rang M'Lord, Yes Minister and Firefly too!
Don't own it but Dexter is phenomenal, I can't wait for S5 later this year. I'm also waiting for Lost to finish (and I really am, I've got bored of it, but it's so close to the end now that I can't give up!). We watched The 4400 last year, and I enjoyed that. Also ploughed through Eureka but wasn't that overwhelmed by it, may or may not watch the new series later this year.
"I will not be bound by what they tell me I can be; I will not stay silent, I will speak my liberty" (Kendall Payne)
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Has anyone been watching the Swedish version of Wallander, which is shown on BBC Four? We really enjoy it; the narrative style is rather gentle, although the storylines can be very dark.
sheppeyescapee
Power poster

Post by sheppeyescapee »

I'm quite enjoying being human and nip/tuck at the moment :) Also big bang theory, shameless and skins \:D/
I am J, 24, husband, student, diagnosed AS and Dyspraxia.
Owen
Getting settled in

Post by Owen »

I am enjoying watching The Prisoner. It has made a comeback since it was first made in the 60s. I think the idea behind it is incredible. It is ace to watch.
Evasura
Power poster

Post by Evasura »

OMG! just found out Dexter! hoe amaing is it? totally adictdd now
Eva in London
Osymandus
Power poster

Post by Osymandus »

The new version of Battlestar Galactica , no better sci fi or even television (well maybe House ) then this .
Remus
Regular Poster

Post by Remus »

Evasura wrote:OMG! just found out Dexter! hoe amaing is it? totally adictdd now
I love Dexter too. I remember waiting for the series to start here and I was think about the trailers and whether I would actually like it but I watched it and loved it from the very start. It is an addicting show to watch. I just love the whole morale concept of it and the questions it raises. Dexter is an amazing character, Michael C. Hall is just perfect for the role. I'm waiting for Season 4 to premiere here but I've already know what happens (darn internet spoilers!).

ellacotty
New member - welcome them!

Post by ellacotty »

my favourite tv series are:
glee
gossip girl
keeping up with the kardashians
annie49
Getting settled in

Post by annie49 »

Have you seen "the Killing"?I have become obsessed with this .I cannot wait for the next 2 episodes.It is wonderful!
SirDaveofDanger
Getting settled in

Post by SirDaveofDanger »

Waterloo Road, been watching it obssessively for the past 3 years