Christmas Plans

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

Liz944
Super poster

Christmas Plans

Post by Liz944 »

With Chistmas getting ever closer.... What are yor plans for Christmas? Are you having a quite Christmas at home or visiting relatives or going away somewhere exotic?

For me this Christmas we are having it at home with our relatives joining us on xmas day and boxing day. This will make a change as it is normally the other way around....
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
Creative
Super poster

Re: Christmas Plans

Post by Creative »

I'm staying in a hotel with my parents that is near where my Grandparents live. It has a swimming pool so it will be exciting to go swimming on Christmas Day!
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

We are having Christmas lunch at my Nan's and Granddad house, with some our relatives
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

i am going home for christmas. we are not having christmas dinner till the 25th of january though. so we are having christmas then really
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

I'm staying at home on christmas day then will probably be visting relatives over the holidays.

Luv Meg
Xxxx
The Lurker
Power poster

Post by The Lurker »

Lucy_Rush wrote:i am going home for christmas. we are not having christmas dinner till the 25th of january though. so we are having christmas then really
That's not Christmas, that's Burn's Night :P
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

I will be going to my parent's place on Christmas day, and whatever day they decide to have the whole family around for a party, last year was good though, my grandparent's friend had died, so they didn't have anywhere to go, as they usually see that friend, so me, and my uncle went to the shop, as I wanted a bottle of coke, as I was going to be driving that night,

well what I didn't know was my grandmother can't stand cheap coke in her becardi, so she was having some of my coke, well she hardly had any coke, as everyone was pouring it 99% becardi, and 1% coke!! well maybe 2% coke! so she was the drunkest I had ever seen her.

so this year going to make sure their is proper drinks there, as the bottle of coke only lasted like 2 hours, as it was a relatively small bottle, as I didn't know that it would go so fast, or that my brother would come down and pour himself a drink of it as well, otherwise I would have got the tesco's special offer on coke.

so this year going to try planning ahead, as my mother, and father go all out for alcohol, and nothing for those that can't drink, like me, and my uncle, and brother first thing in the evening, but then my brother drinks later in the evening. but me, and my uncle are always on soft drinks all night.

but the driving that night, and Christmas day is still in question, as it depends on how I am feeling, even though I haven't/won't loose my licence with the excess fluid on the brain, I just got to be resposible over knowing if I am fit enough to drive it. otherwise be spending a couple of nights there, oh well the cats won't mind, extra food for them!! and with their favourite food (Turkey) then I won't hear too many complaints apart from them not getting it quick enough, and as it will be their first christmas, then they won't know what to make of it all, and having everyone there at the same time will be interesting.
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

haha - hadnt clicked that night is burns night too.

we're not having christmas dinner till then anyway. reason being my sister cannot eat food (for medical reasons) till after the 24th. better late than never tho!
Lumic
Power poster

Post by Lumic »

this christmas will be spent in my house with my son and possibily boyfriend..my son will proberly go to his dads on xmas day around 3ish till the 27th and my boyfriend goes back to work on the 28th dec for 2 weeks. so not an overly eventful xmas for me
my aviator reminds me not to do what i always do
sheppeyescapee
Power poster

Post by sheppeyescapee »

We're staying home, my mum is coming to stay from the 20th-27th which covers xmas and most of chanukah. We got the inlaws coming around on the 26th, then probably go to their house to see various parts of wifes family. Pretty low key this year.
I am J, 24, husband, student, diagnosed AS and Dyspraxia.
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

Each Year my sister nad #I do a stocking for my mum and dad and i'm so stuck as to what to get my dad, so far i've only got Sox, Can anyone help me please?

Luv Meg
Xxxx
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

DVDs, CDs, nuts, clematines, marzipane, chocolate, aftershave, small DIT tool sets, items to do with hobbies....
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
sheppeyescapee
Power poster

Post by sheppeyescapee »

20th-27th Mum is visiting
26th Inlaws round for dinner
1st Jan round to inlaws to see wifes side of family (half siblings etc)

It shall be fun because Hanukkah runs over the same time frame so mum will be here for most of it. Soo much food I think I'm going to explode. So much for the diet. :whistle:
I am J, 24, husband, student, diagnosed AS and Dyspraxia.
Johanna
Getting settled in

Post by Johanna »

Me and my husband will be going to my mum's for xmas and boxing day, and then we'll be going to his mum's for hogmanay and new year's.
Back again - going to try and remember to stick around this time!
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

Thank you sorted now

Luv Meg
Xxxx