Working in the NHS and fatigue

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ste1001
New member - welcome them!

Working in the NHS and fatigue

Post by ste1001 »

Hi folks
I hope you are all well?
I recieved my adult diagnosis in 2017 and was working as a lecturer. For the last 2 years I have returned practice in the NHS. Usually I can manage my tiredness but over the last 15 months working within pandemic pressures it's been harder to deal with fatigue. It's now resulting in aching arms, wrist and elbows.

So I'm after some advice and tips on how I can try to reduce this fatigue.

Thanks in advance
Steve
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Working in the NHS and fatigue

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Steve

Have you made your concerns known to to your GP or to Occupational Health? (Not sure if they use same name but they appear to call themselves Working Well in my local NHS Trust. I live very close to a Hospital)

Are you managing to do all the usual things like getting a good night's sleep, eating healthily and avoiding too much alcohol

I have essential worker status and while not working in the NHS the additional pressures and stresses have been telling. Although relative to the individual I know I would have struggled more if I'd been working there over the past 20 months. I also put a lot of pressure on myself to do everything and worry that I'm never doing enough. It's not good for us!
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)