Doing Simple Tasks in the workplace differently to everybody else

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Daniellemarie
New member - welcome them!

Doing Simple Tasks in the workplace differently to everybody else

Post by Daniellemarie »

Does anybody have a tendency to do simple tasks in their workplace differently to everybody else? For example mopping/sweeping up… I haven’t told my manager that I have dyspraxia yet and have been getting comments on the way I do things. And it’s quite upsetting actually but I’m nervous about telling her. 😭
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Doing Simple Tasks in the workplace differently to everybody else

Post by Tom fod »

Differently is not necessarily less effective or efficient for us. Of course other people may think otherwise and can challenge which is rarely comfortable for us.

What are your company's policies on disability/inclusion? Disclosure is never an easy thing as we have to trust managers will listen and react positively and that is so often a leap of faith.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
PiotrekPuczek
New member - welcome them!

Re: Doing Simple Tasks in the workplace differently to everybody else

Post by PiotrekPuczek »

Dyspraxic people always do things differently and its rhe main way to get bullied or made an ass of. Even when I mop the floor using one of the 12 different methods and 30 combinations I have learned then will still crap all over your parade, simply becuase you are being indepwndent and efdective.

A new chef can walk in and establish completely new practices, if a KP walks in you are a mental pinata.

Its not just double standards, par grade determines human treatment and the line of prejudice since the other hundred that came before.