Work, fatigue and job hunting

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kimmifraser1
New member - welcome them!

Work, fatigue and job hunting

Post by Kimmifraser1 »

So, I am currently unemployed and job hunting after being made redundant at the end of last year. But I have found that the fatigue I have always experienced seems to be a lot worse than before. I always had to come home from work and sleep for a few hours before doing anything, but recently I’m finding that I’m tired out a lot faster than before and it’s making me worry about when I finally get back into work. Any strategies or suggestions would be appreciated, especially since my family are of the opinion it’s just laziness and me not doing enough 🤬🙄
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Work, fatigue and job hunting

Post by Tom fod »

I reckon I'd be more exhausted by the stress of having to try and find work in current market.

It's all v well friends and family saying pull your finger out, you are trying and it's going to be on your mind more than on theirs.

Once you find something you'll hopefully feel a new sense of energy and enthusiasm.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Giovanni20
New member - welcome them!

Re: Work, fatigue and job hunting

Post by Giovanni20 »

The fatigue is coming from the stress of Job hunting. I don't think you are lazy you just have to find something to keep you busy while you are still unemployed.