Working from home

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kidsan
New member - welcome them!

Working from home

Post by Kidsan »

Hi everyone - new member, first post!

I’ve found working from home during the pandemic to be not only much better for my mental health, but far easier to cope with work in general. My work are eager for us to get back to the office for at least 3 days a week but I’m reluctant to do so.

I’m wondering if my dyspraxia might be a factor in working better from home, so I’m curious to hear if anyone else has had a similar experience?
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Working from home

Post by Tom fod »

Hi there and welcome

We Dyspraxics can be like chalk and cheese, It's great that you've benefitted from the opportunity to work from home and it does cut out things like the commute to the office, the cost of doing so and some of the distractions we might be subject to in the office.

I think we have to take care that we can separate work and home and step away from the laptop/telephone and take breaks (not that I'm good at that when in the office!). Have you spoken to your manager to see if there is any room to negotiate a settlement so do some days at home and some in the office? If your productivity is enhanced by working from home that is a good bargaining gambit.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)