How to get home in a Covid environment?

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Unsolved
Getting settled in

How to get home in a Covid environment?

Post by Unsolved »

If I do successfully get a job, that means I have to take different taxis/cabs everyday home since I CAN'T DRIVE of course. Is that safe? Who knows how many passengers they've carried before picking me up? My father may isn't free in the evening. Is there an alternative solution? I don't want to risk getting the virus.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: How to get home in a Covid environment?

Post by Tom fod »

The difficulty is we all have different thresholds in terms the level of risk we're prepared to take. I'm reasonably ok getting a bus to work, since driving /walking aren't options open to me.

All I can really do is try to be diligent about precautionary measures such as frequent hand washing/sanitising and complying with regulations/recommendations that exist to try to prevent transmission. I imagine you don't have a lot of choice about which taxi firms you use due to cost?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Josh Hyland
New member - welcome them!

Re: How to get home in a Covid environment?

Post by Josh Hyland »

Is public transport an option? Do you have access to a route planner that might help with viability?