I'm a triangle in a circles world

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Chosenwithlove
New member - welcome them!

I'm a triangle in a circles world

Post by Chosenwithlove »

Hi
So as the title suggests I feel like a triangle in a circles world. I've just been forced to give up my job which I'm trained in and thought I was good st. I found myself completely unable to cope and my anxiety hit sky high so I had to quit.
Now I'm back on unemployment again and wondering what jobs i can do as everything i look at requires at least one or more things i cannot do. Yea i know people are supposed to make adaptations but in my experience dont. .

So my questions anyone manage to work successfully without feeling pressured and an outcast. If so what sort of jobs.

Thanks in advance.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: I'm a triangle in a circles world

Post by Tom fod »

Hi there again

Really sorry to read you've felt forced to resign. You'll find us in the most unlikely of jobs and I don't think it is necessarily an impossible or difficult job that does for us, Far too often it is lack of understanding and flexibility from management and colleagues. This causes our confidence and performance to spiral downwards and it just becomes too much.

Before I understood that I had Dyspraxia I had some difficult and unhappy times and I guess the situation led to my Dyspraxia being revealed to me. That too led to a period of uncertainty and unease, though I try to be kinder and more forgiving of myself nowadays. I think I was always hardest on myself but when you have a toxic environment where colleagues are badmouthing I would challenge anyone to stay happy and focused in such a place.

Look for a new employer who is more supportive and encourages you to be able to grow a wider comfort zone. Think about what sort of environment allows you to thrive and look for employers who work to maintain that ethos.

Hope that's not all gobbledegook?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Chosenwithlove
New member - welcome them!

Re: I'm a triangle in a circles world

Post by Chosenwithlove »

Thanks for the reply. Yes it makes total sense.