I need a bit of help

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Mapletree
New member - welcome them!

I need a bit of help

Post by Mapletree »

Hello,

My name is Gabriel and I am new here. I am 31 years old and, due to my condition, I don't drive and I have never been able to hold down a job. I am extremely depressed and I really need some help. If anyone could offer some moral support, I would be very grateful. Thanks.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: I need a bit of help

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Gabriel and welcome.

What jobs have you tried and what would be your dream job?

It took me some years to get my first job and many of us struggle to find something that suits with an employer and managers/colleagues who are supportive and patient.

I don't drive either and know it lessens opportunities, though it can be a bonus as finding and paying for a daily parking space can be a royal pain.

If you can say more re your current situation, I'd be happy to suggest some hopefully useful ideas. Feel free to send as a private message if you prefer.

Please also check out my post http://www.dyspraxicadults.org.uk/forum ... =13&t=7385
in day to day living that has links to helpful resources.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
reyes
Getting settled in

Re: I need a bit of help

Post by reyes »

`hang in there and try not to isolate. there are jobs out there that you're not even aware of and wouldn't be unless someone tells you about them. try to be around people and socialize. we're here for support