Work things going so badly

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

invisible2012@
Getting settled in

Work things going so badly

Post by invisible2012@ »

Hi it started on Tuesday when I made a first aid mistake and than Thursday a colleague made a shift remark .I got to work earlier than shift and was doing a job before I started another co worker was in area and I heard this deputy manager saying one of them better come out as two is unacceptable.i immediately stood up to her and reported her to my line manager.im refusing to do.overtime when she is managing as so angry with her she's known me for five years she would know I never slack and than yesterday she phoned in sick and I said to boss no I can't stay later than contracted hours for the first time because I've been poorly all week persistent severe cough chest pains and line manager knos this only she was crying I'm convinced there get rid of me for saying no.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Work things going so badly

Post by Tom fod »

It's difficult but you shouldn't feel bad for saying no.

The other point is they don't exactly seem to have many spare loyal staff and strain of that seems to be showing

If you're ill.you're ill and sometimes the system needs to breakdown/fail to make management realise that change needs to happen

Why was two unnacceptable?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Gloucester_Lad
New member - welcome them!

Post by Gloucester_Lad »

Don't feel bad for saying no. I did the same thing to after one of my old managers left at work. As they kept giving me stupid shifts and long hours until they reduced all the hours after he left it. For example on Bank holidays, he would give me a shift on the day, at the time the store closed on bank holidays. Soon afterwards i got really fed up with doing them but as stated above he left the company so i went to the store manager at said i am not doing these shifts again and now i am on shorter shifts which i now prefer to do.
michael
Getting settled in

Post by michael »

It's OK to say no. If you overwork you won't get better and then you'll be out of work sick. Work stress can be a nightmare. Stick with it.