Research on Dyspraxia in the Workplace

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

JessB
New member - welcome them!

Research on Dyspraxia in the Workplace

Post by JessB »

Hi there everyone,

My name is Jess and I am an Msc Psychology student at the University of Surrey, Guildford. My research for my thesis is looking at experiences, both positive and negative, that individuals with dyspraxia encounter in the workplace. I am looking to recruit a small number of participants for an informal focus group discussion to be held at the University and I was wondering whether anybody would be interested! It will be a loosely guided discussion, however I really want the conversation to be led by participants in order to get an in depth understanding of experiences in the workplace.

The study has received full ethics approval from the FHMS department at the University of Surrey.

If you would be interested, please message me privately on here or feel free to email me at jb01705@surrey.ac.uk. I have a participant information sheet which I can provide with a more detailed discussion of what the study involves.

Thank you!

Best wishes

Jess
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Research on Dyspraxia in the Workplace

Post by Tom fod »

Just to add this has received Moderator Approval
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
I_Voyager
Getting settled in

Post by I_Voyager »

Are you looking exclusively for people in your geographic region?
JessB

Post by JessB »

Hi there,

It would be preferable to be within the Surrey area, mainly because we are unable to cover travel expenses to get to the University! If you are however, willing to travel, that would be fantastic :)

The second part of the study will be an online survey and so geographic location will not be an issue!

Kind Regards

Jess
JessB

Post by JessB »

Hi there everyone,

I have now completed the first part of this research :) I have created a questionnaire based on the focus group discussion and was wondering if anybody could spare 10-15 minutes to complete it? I would advise filling it in on a laptop/computer as for some reason it is being displayed in a really hard to read cursive font on phones!

The link to the survey is https://surreyfahs.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe ... S0c3itLUJT

Let me know if you have any questions!

Kind Regards

Jess