Feeling terrified

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

invisible2014
Regular Poster

Feeling terrified

Post by invisible2014 »

Hi my manager at work seems to be taking the mic out off me .its holiday club and she's made me work yesterday, tommorow,and five days next week all doing 7-6 impart from one day 9-4.I'm finding this too much and unfair that everyone else is having a break impart from me she had the nerve to say she needs a break next week what about me.she even said how at least I get 4 days off meaning good Friday to eazfer Monday unfair because every one else had these off in addition.I said no to play worker role and feel absolutely useless just me and the manager.I struggle with creative activities due to dyspraxia and manager seems to take things out on ms due to this and like I'm not good enough. Truth is I don't want to be there doing these hours but I'm only doing it to help her out. I feel so unappreciated and really don't think will get through next week or tommorow so scared
allesandro
Power poster

Re: Feeling terrified

Post by allesandro »

I know how hard it is to stand up for yourself. But sometimes you just have no choice, otherwise they just keep giving you more of the same thing.
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Post by invisible2014 »

Thank you think your right xx
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Post by invisible2014 »

Such a bad today feeling terrified of next week and like I won't make it crying eyes out
SwervingCentaur
Regular Poster

Post by SwervingCentaur »

You can always contact Acas, or try and get yourself into a union. You shouldn't do more than what your hours are contracted, if you are, then company has actually broken the contract and law.
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Post by invisible2014 »

Thank you templsting quitting now ,know how hard it is to find another job tho and money.I can't do 7-6 shift everyday off holidays at most 7-1 or 7-4 no morw
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Please tell your boss or someone above her, about how this/she is making you feel.
It is likely as much the atmosphere as the long hours and if that is improved your resilience can improve too.

It is worthwhile speaking to your GP or someone about how you feel as your health and happiness are the most important considerations.

Best wishes
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Post by invisible2014 »

Thank you tom.she really doesn't care and is having a good laught that she gets s week ogg where as I don't and is laughing st the expense of taking the mic and putting me in such an uncomfortable situation. I really struggle wktb creative practically activities. I just do t think I will last a week. I'm petrified
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

So is she off this coming week for her 'well deserved break'? Who are your other team members and is there another supervisor you can speak to about the difficulties you experience with creative practical activities, the anxiety this is causing you and how you feel about the way she speaks to you?

Is it likely to be easier next week in that the school aged children aged 5+ will be back in normal school? Or are you back to split shifts to look after them after school until their parents pick them up after work?

From your posts it suggests they need you at this 'Holiday Club' more than you need them?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Post by invisible2014 »

Hi tom yes she is off for her so called well deserved break. I tried speaking to her about me struggling with creative activities and she just laughed and said you just supervise the children and all she seemed to care about was I go in so she can have a whole week off .I hope she doesn't exoevt me to work 7-6 everyday off holidays I will not be this week is going to be too much. I'm with amothervmanaget this week who o font really get on with that great
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Post by invisible2014 »

I blocked her number as don't want any texts or to be harassed.and was disgusted by way I have been treated no appreciating no tbabjs just I'm doing it cause no one else will.phoning me up when I was seriously I'll with infection mor asking how I am but about hours for this week. Si stressed having a small drink
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

So if you could get an appointment with your GP and he/she signed you off sick with stress, or you just said I've had enough of this, and walked out* would they have to recall her from her week off?

* Not sure if your contract would allow you to do this and I imagine you'd lose pay. If you are employed via an agency would/could they send someone to fill in?

Whatever you do, do what is right for you. I really recommend you speak to someone who is more rational than myself, about how work is making you feel and the difficulties you have.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

invisible2014
Regular Poster

Post by invisible2014 »

Thank you for replying I assume she would yes.I haven't been given a contract so really don't know why I was so silly to say yes on phone but was off I'll after having to go a and e for serious infection and she phoned with hours didn't once ask had e I am.at work made out she cared before going Hosp but now I know all in it for herself. Basically I was offered a 7-1 role 5 weeks ago theyvebrrn putting it off giving me a contract and manager put off sorting out my holidays I.e term time or schools holidays I hope holiday is schools holidays as hate holiday club.I've never agrrrdvto do 7-6 notvsignrd anything and if new role is 7-6 holidays I won't agree to do new role would Rather do bank work and look for new job than do this and 11 hour shifts every holiday. I agreed to do 7-1 as those hours are much better.manager has shown new appreciation just attitude off we can't get anyone else so we have to make do off you.no break yesterday and itsok for everyone else to have days off not me.things like this rcfe t me so badly that I get so stressed I'll can't so anything. When they offered me play worker role ages ago I said no .on really fed up off managers attitude hence Why I had enough and blocked her.I feel so useless due to dyspraxia and manager just seems to lsughbtake things out on me and make out I cam do.it but just aren't ci fidrmt
My family aren't happy saying I'm.not doing 11 hour shifts all 4 days and not working all week but one friend has told me bide it out for a week ams don't quit as will regret it with it being Sumner and unemployed. I'm.physically worried about surruving week.I feel terrified useless so anxious.I don't do nappies .I'm.no.good at practical things just been crying frrlimg depressed in bed
invisible2014
Regular Poster

Post by invisible2014 »

Next week is still holiday club :(.I don't do split shifts said no to that role.than I got offerdd 7-1 and agreed that but I said no to working split shifts and holidays club only said yes to breakfast club and preschool
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

It's your decision and you do need to be mindful of your health and happiness and put them first. That said it's easy for me to say, as I work in an office where I'm more in my comfort zone. Having work is important to me and I reckon I would feel like you if I was in your situation. Take care and try to find something constructive you enjoy doing to take your mind off Monday.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator