A update from me

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Philip
Power poster

Re: A update from me

Post by Philip »

Still there, but the assignment is slowly coming towards an end. This has been one of the best teams I have worked with we were all newbies when we started. I think there were about 20 temporaries who were took on which two employment agencies sorted this assignment for the company we are working for.

In 2011 I am hoping that I be able to find a similar job quickly. since I dont want to face being unemployed for how long I did last time.
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

It's ended on 24th December 2010.

I have been really trying hard to get back into employment (I know it going to be tough) it was good being able to add some new up to date employment history for September 2010 to December 2010.

This year I have applied for 37 jobs so far. one employment agency wanted me to registered with them, since I applied for job which their had posted on a job website was unsucessfully in the job I went to and also the employment agency saw my CV on my profile.

This is how I got my last job applying for a job similar to what I got between September 2010 to December 2010.
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

Been a busy three months of job searching.

So far I have had one interview which was 3rd March 2011. sadly on the 4th March 2011 I found out I was unsucessful for the job, the job seem pretty interesting.

I am hoping soon I be able to get back in employment, something new to add on my CV.
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

It is getting harder and harder for anyone who is searching for work because companies are going into admin.

I am still searching hard for employment. I have applied for at least 80 jobs since March 2011. It would be nice to get employment soon.

I will not give up gettting employment, I am not really fuss about how much I will get paid (I will be happy with minimum wage per hour.)
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

I have had replies back from companies (but no interviews so far) since March 2011.

I did have one + led last week from one employment agency who sent my CV to company to see whether the company were going to interview me, which seems unlikely now.

I have applied for 170+ jobs this year so far and must have reworked my cv at least ten times.

I do remain hopefully I can get paid employment soon.
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

I have an admin job interview coming up in October.
Creative
Super poster

Post by Creative »

Good luck with your job interview, Philip. I hope you get the job.
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

I was unsuccessfully in getting the job, at the interview I got told 200+ people had applied for the job.

Getting to the 1st stage of the interview good, even though there was a test to do as well, not the test I was expecting. I did not get to the 2nd stage of a 2nd interview.

I also applied for a job in October 2011 and I did well for the 4 online tests, and employment agency are putting me on the listings for jobs I might be put forward for.

Even though some of the time I am feeling down, and with the way the job market, number of unemployed people etc I do remain hopefully still that I will find suitable paid employment soon
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

I am still searching very hard for employment.

I had a job interview over Christmas for a company I worked for before (via same employment agency) I was not sucessful this time round. (doing data entry/admin work)

Last Thursday I had an recruitment employment agency phoned me up she was impress with my CV and would keep me on file. I told her what I was looking for, she may be able to find me something in the near future so fingers cross.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Philip

I had a similarly long and difficult search for employment albeit in easier times (first half of the 90s) just want to say keep it up and If you aren't already don't rule out sending your CV to companies directly too. Don't be afraid to use your job search as a great example of your determination when asked in interviews/application forms etc.

Another thing I was able to do was get on the temporary staff pool at my local council. Not sure if this sort of thing is still viable given public sector cuts but it may be worth checking out.

All the best

Tom
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

Tom fod wrote:Hi Philip

I had a similarly long and difficult search for employment albeit in easier times (first half of the 90s) just want to say keep it up and If you aren't already don't rule out sending your CV to companies directly too. Don't be afraid to use your job search as a great example of your determination when asked in interviews/application forms etc.

Another thing I was able to do was get on the temporary staff pool at my local council. Not sure if this sort of thing is still viable given public sector cuts but it may be worth checking out.

All the best

Tom
Thanks for your advice Tom.

I have an appointment with an employment agency next week.
RaviMover
New member - welcome them!

Post by RaviMover »

Philip wrote:An update from me the interview which I had in March 2009 I did not get the job, I was quite high up, 2nd or 3th may be 4th.

Still sending out spec letter, going on a course in a couple of weeks time to help me get some work experience or paid work.

According to my knowledge you should have great communication. than you will get job easily.............
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

Still searching very hard for employment. Re done my CV slightly.

Hopefully I might get some employment agencies, well prefer companies to phone me about wanting me to come for job interviews.

Temporary work with employment agencies will get me foot in the door again.

I am concern about the level of numbers of people seeking work, I know it will be a tough few months/years with the current econom makes it much harder and also fun, stressful etc.
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

Since I last updated I have applied for a number of jobs (not given up)

I have had one job interview at a company (through an employment agency) I thought the interview went well as I have worked there before (this job was through an employment agency and knew it was only temporary) this one is temporary.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Philip

Great to hear you're still trying and haven't given up. If you can try and make yourself be proactive and visit places that meet your requirements it shows initiative. Must admit I was a letter writer though.

If you can run to it get some paper that's different from standard white copier paper as it will stand out from others CVs.I had some blue paper that got less blue and sort of faded to white at the bottom

All the best
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)