First Tenor

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

Auron
Power poster

First Tenor

Post by Auron »

I just landed the part of first Tenor in the maynooth Chamber choir (big deal)

We'll be performing at christmas in the campus Chapel (very old, and beautiful) and travelling to france in the summer for some shows.

Woohoo!
Lady Fluff
Power poster

Post by Lady Fluff »

well done you!
I haven't done any choir stuff since finishing university, and I miss it! I sang tenor sometimes as well (which, as a girl, threw my choir master for six - they had a big debate about how to dress me for a concert - like a boy, or like a girl?!! I liked being a pain in the ***!) As part of my school choir, I performed in Birmingham Symphony Hall, The Millennium Dome and even the Royal Albert Hall, and it was so amazing. I miss it a lot. I've thought about trying to establish something round where I live, but really never sure how to go about it, or where I would find the time!

Anyways, great news for you, well done!!!
gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 »

Well Done! You have my sincerest congratulations!!!!!!!

Kirsty
DySpRaXiA dOeSnT mAkE lIfE hArDeR, jUsT mOrE cOmPlIcAtEd.
Auron
Power poster

Post by Auron »

you sang tenor? do you have a low voice?
Lady Fluff
Power poster

Post by Lady Fluff »

I did when I used to drink as much as I did during my student days. O:)
I think I've probably gone back to being an alto now I've grown up and have a job to have to go to each day and so only drink a couple of times a month (instead of most nights of the week, whoops!)!
Never got the chance to sing tenor in school - I went to a girls school, so everything was SSAA instead of SATB, so it was nice to have a chance to spice things up a bit!
"I will not be bound by what they tell me I can be; I will not stay silent, I will speak my liberty" (Kendall Payne)
Auron
Power poster

Post by Auron »

what I mean is, do you have a low range? like perhaps "one lower" then an alto?

you see I have high tenor voice, but I also sing alto and sometime soprano, it has various names(coz I'm a guy), contertenor/sopratist/male alto/high tenor, depending one which resonators I sing with, which voice I use (falsetto, head voice, chest voice, etc) and weither I'm singing opera or sacred music.

But if you do have a voice one lower then alto (one that is naturally deep, and not the result of throat illness or somesuch), you'd be a "contralto" and true contraltos are very rare and valuable.

Classical singing is funny with reguards to female singers, if your a soprano, the world is your oyster, if your mezzo soprano(next one down) your equilly prized, if your an alto, your worthless(it;s unfair but true that almost all alto parts in opera are shite), but if your a contralto your incredibly valuable again. alot of singing teachers force their pupils to train as a mezzo even if they're clearly a natural alto.
sorry for the sudden surge of interest, I just happen to love Contralto singing.