Movie characters who might be dyspraxic

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

m1985
Getting settled in

Re: Movie characters who might be dyspraxic

Post by m1985 »

I would suggest Homer Simpson from The Simpsons Movie/The Simpsons TV series, Mr Bean from Mr Bean/Mr Bean's Holiday/Mr Bean TV series and although not relating to film I just thought I'd throw it in the mix while I'm writing this, Frank Spencer from Some Mother's Do 'Ave Em

Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Hi and welcome back again.

Agree with all of those esp Homer Doh!
Timothy Lumsden as played by Ronny Corbett in Sorry too
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)

m1985
Getting settled in

Post by m1985 »

Captain Haddock and Thompson & Thomson from the 90s TV programme Tintin

Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Tintin was actually inspired by a series of comic books published between 1929 and 1950 in Belgium and written in French. The books have been translated into 70 languages and inspired TV animation (there may have been a film too) and like Chocolate, Smurfs and Beer it's another thing we can thank our Belgian Eurozone neighbour for.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.

Joker
New member - welcome them!

Post by Joker »

Anyone has seen this from new Joker movie trailer?

I think he might be dyspraxic.

calisto
Getting settled in

Post by calisto »

Anyone seen the biographical movie of Eddie the Eagle?
I can't decide if I found aspects of the character adorable just because, or because some parts reminded me of the other half...
I looked up for ages, to see if Eddie was listed as dyspraxic - not as far as I could see - but the absolute persistence, in doing something that he wasn't naturally gifted at, until he got good at it. And just being on a different plane to other people a lot of the time but not really caring very much either.

HoidWasHere

Post by HoidWasHere »

I've never seen the movie you refer to, but it makes sense with peter capaldi- i know the way he plays the twlefth doctor seems v dyspraxic to me, and i've held that opinion for a long time. when bill said he "runs like a penguin with it's ass on fire"?? and generlly, his posture...
Not tv or movies but there is a certain character from an old obscure book series who seemed like the best representation for dyspraxia ive seen in fiction. but i should sty on topic XD

BecaLindley

Post by BecaLindley »

I know its already been said, but I would put money on Neville Longbottom from harry potter being dyspraxic.
The way he suddenly improves and becomes a badass is very similar to how I find learning. At first, I'm clumsy and slow until suddenly, I get it and I'm pretty awesome

Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

BecaLindley wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:31 am
I know its already been said, but I would put money on Neville Longbottom from harry potter being dyspraxic.
The way he suddenly improves and becomes a badass is very similar to how I find learning. At first, I'm clumsy and slow until suddenly, I get it and I'm pretty awesome
Maybe Daniel Radcliffe demanded someone else had to be the Dyspraxic.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator