Mood swings ?

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Alicia
New member - welcome them!

Mood swings ?

Post by Alicia »

Hi everyone, there you go, I have a question that has been going on in my head for quite a while.

Do people with dyspraxia tend to have mood swings?

I wonder because I have observed in me very frequent changes of mood. it happens to me to be very sad, exhausted then very happy and slightly euphoric in the same day. And I am convinced that I am not bipolar.

So I wanted to know if other people were experiencing the same thing or not.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Mood swings ?

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Alicia

Welcome to the Forum.

I wager this topic has been mentioned here before. Living with Dyspraxia and the challenges of doing so can make us prone to a lot of things including mental health challenges, emotional difficulties, tiredness, the list goes on. How we react or respond to these challenges is individual Some of us do sometimes feel emotion more keenly and might react in what they or others might say is an exaggerated or over the top way. Because we have to put more effort in it can be doubly frustrating if or when it doesn't go as we planned.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Alicia

Post by Alicia »

Thank you for your welcome and your response Tom !

I would read the topics on this subject in this case. Your answer was very interesting and I understand better. Thank you !
Isee

Post by Isee »

Hi Alicia, I don’t know if it’s a dyspraxia thing but I feel the same way too. Sometimes I can be borderline depressive but it’s only for a short period of time.