How would you feel about an r/dyspraxia website?

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

GeorgeStevens
New member - welcome them!

How would you feel about an r/dyspraxia website?

Post by GeorgeStevens »

I am considering creating a website for this subreddit and would love your feedback. Comment below ideas and whether you think it is a good idea!
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: How would you feel about an r/dyspraxia website?

Post by Tom fod »

Hi George and welcome

I must confess I am not at all familiar with Reddit /subreddits. but I say The More the Merrier when it comes to places and opportunities for people to connect with other people living with the condition. There's lots more Dyspraxia Communities compared to when Dan and Pooky first created this Forum back in 2006. There used to be a big Yahoo group and there are dozens of groups and pages on Facebook, Insta etc There are also blogs, You Tube channels and at least 2 online magazines. Keeping pages and platforms going can be tough so definitely try to get some committed volunteers to help you with moderating/administration so it doesn't take over your every waking hour.

On here I sense we have a good number of watchers but the post count/response rate can be depressingly low We can't necessarily compete with the 'instant gratification'(?) that an active Social Media engaged membership generate. That said, Social Media can be very cliquey and polarised. This could be because the Dyspraxic/ ND community are very diverse. There are often furious disagreements and fallings out in social media land. I try to maintain this Forum as an oasis of calm (if that's possible with me being something of a reactionary moderator! :evilb:
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)