Dyspraxia Assessment

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

stoptheqtip
New member - welcome them!

Dyspraxia Assessment

Post by stoptheqtip »

I have an assessment for dyspraxia with an educational psychologist next week (I'm in uni) and I was wondering if anyone had any experience of what kind of things happen?

It is happening virtually which is far from ideal so I realise people won't necessarily have the same experience but I was curious.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Dyspraxia Assessment

Post by Tom fod »

Hi there

Interesting question. I'm not sure how Ed Psychs will have updated/varied their assessments in order to do them virtually.

They tend to look at intelligence in terms of whether there are disparities between things like reading and following instructions when carrying out various tasks. So for example you might have a high reading age but there is a disparity when it comes to you understanding and carrying out tasks. They will likely also test working memory. Are you able to contact the assessor or visit a website. Sites like Genius Within, Exceptional Individuals and Dyspraxia UK may have details about the process and variations on their websites.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)