My wife is dyspraxic

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Maribo90
New member - welcome them!

My wife is dyspraxic

Post by Maribo90 »

Hi my name is Marc,
My wife is dyspraxic and we have been together for 12 years.
We have never really struggled with her condition but lately things have been getting difficult.

We had a baby 15 months ago, she has been a brilliant mom but struggles with the general time keeping a when she gets nervous her hands shake and can struggle.

I have been trying to help her out as much as I can but have recently been put on anti-depressants.
I have never struggled to deal with my wife's condition like I have recently have.

Has anyone got any tips or that I can pass on to my wife to help deal with this rough patch we are going through please?

Many thanks.
Dyspraxic Dane
New member - welcome them!

Re: My wife is dyspraxic

Post by Dyspraxic Dane »

Hi Marc.

Unfortunately I don't have any wise suggestions for your wife, since I'm all new to this world myself.

Are you by any chance from Denmark - I was wondering because of your username Maribo90 - sounds a lot like your from Lolland...?

BR

Hanne
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Maribo90 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:32 pm Hi my name is Marc,
My wife is dyspraxic and we have been together for 12 years.
We have never really struggled with her condition but lately things have been getting difficult.

We had a baby 15 months ago, she has been a brilliant mom but struggles with the general time keeping a when she gets nervous her hands shake and can struggle.

I have been trying to help her out as much as I can but have recently been put on anti-depressants.
I have never struggled to deal with my wife's condition like I have recently have.

Has anyone got any tips or that I can pass on to my wife to help deal with this rough patch we are going through please?

Many thanks.
Hi Marc

Dyspraxic folk often struggle with associated anxiety so the pressure of change and responsibility can really undermine our confidence in our own abilities especially when other people say you should be able to do this etc.

Often we put massive pressure on ourselves to do everything perfectly and at pace. Dyspraxia v much has a tendency to get in the way of that so we beat ourselves up and become trapped in a nasty vicious circle. Being patient and kind with yourself and each other is key.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Dyspraxic Dane wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:54 am . . . I'm all new to this world

Hi Hanne

Welcome. Glad you've found us and I hope you find the Forum useful
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)