Annual health check

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

firemonkey
Power poster

Annual health check

Post by firemonkey »

Annual check up went well yesterday I think. BP 112/76 & pulse 72 . I was weighed, but not told what it was . I felt a little silly as my granddaughter had to steady me as I stood on the scales. I seem to recall struggling to balance when weighed last year as well .
Xenavire
Power poster

Re: Annual health check

Post by Xenavire »

This might sound strange, but when did you start having annual checkups? I feel like I should go in sometime for a basic checkup sometime, but I'm concerned that I'm just being a hypochondriac. I turn 31 this year, and I haven't been to the doctor for a checkup in a long time, so I'm probably overdue.

But if annual is common even at my age, I might need to rethink things.
firemonkey
Power poster

Post by firemonkey »

That's a good question . It's because I have a severe mental illness. I think I first had one in 2006-7 then after a few years I stopped being contacted for a few years and was then contacted again . I've had 2 since being here in Wiltshire .
Xenavire
Power poster

Post by Xenavire »

That's very interesting, I'd have never guessed you have any kind of mental illness. I can certainly understand the need for more frequent checkups. It sounds like you are doing well, which is good news, and I hope you continue to stay well.

Thanks for answering my question, I appreciate it.
firemonkey
Power poster

Post by firemonkey »

I first saw a pdoc in late 1973 while at Felsted . I'm quite open about having a SMI . My official dxes are Asperger's and schizoaffective . Very probable but not officially dxed are dyspraxia, learning difficulty and NVLD .

I also have aphantasia .
kimbedly
New member - welcome them!

Post by kimbedly »

There is nothing stupid about it but on the contrary. It shows how well you brought her up. When I go to see a doctor, I always take my granddaughter with me. It's just uncomfortable for me to go to the hospital alone because it seems to me that the doctors don't care about me. Even when I read about health insurance on [Removed illegal advertising and reported to poster to authorities] , then my granddaughter went with me on its formlen. It's just that it's easy to deceive elderly people because we are gullible, and when our relatives are with us, we feel safer. There is nothing shameful about it.
Last edited by Tom fod on Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Forum rules Breach!
laurameida

Post by laurameida »

And in which clinic did you undergo the examination?
Entryplug

Post by Entryplug »

I have to agree with Return! An annual health checkup is a great thing. However, I think you should do these checkups much more frequently than only one a year. I have a similar situation as I also suffer from a mental illness that has chased me my entire life. So, I do this medical checkup at least three times per year. I just want to be sure everything is fine. Besides that, I also started to take specific skincare procedures. It's called [URL removed as against strict no advertising policy]. It also helps me feel better and look better.
Last edited by Tom fod on Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rule Breach
JancyDriimy

Post by JancyDriimy »

I'm glad that everything went smoothly for you, but my grandfather had a problem at the last annual health check. He was diagnosed with dementia, and now he needs constant care, and I can't give it to him because I work all the time. The only way to solve this problem is to contact friends who can [Illegal advertising link removed] who can help maintain my grandfather's health. I hope we can stop the progress of this disease at least, and everyone knows that dementia is not treated. This disease will likely be a verdict for a person, but I am not discouraged -- I'm ready to go ahead.
Last edited by Tom fod on Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising without prior permission! Link removed and poster banned!
Anemyasko

Post by Anemyasko »

Hey there, I'm glad to hear that your annual check-up went well and that your blood pressure and pulse are looking good! And don't worry about feeling silly when standing on the scales, it happens to the best of us. If you're ever curious about your weight, you can always ask your doctor or the nurse who is taking your measurements. And speaking of health, do you have individual health insurance? If you ever need any information or resources about health insurance, feel free to reach out to me.