Dyspraxic adult, coping with my kids

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Loopy-Lu86
New member - welcome them!

Dyspraxic adult, coping with my kids

Post by Loopy-Lu86 »

Hi, ive only just found this forum, im 29 & am married with 2 beatiful girls, 3 & 1 yrs old, yes you might say ive got my hands full & you would be right, but the past few months i have really been struggling & just wonderd if there were any other dyspraxic mums out there i can talk to, i loose my rag & just end up screaming & shouting at them, which makes me feel absolutly terriable, any suggestions would be much apriciated, thanks.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Dyspraxic adult, coping with my kids

Post by Tom fod »

Hi and welcome

Hopefully someone who is a parent can offer some ideas though it may also be worth contacting the Dyspraxia Foundation too
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Loopy-Lu86

Post by Loopy-Lu86 »

Thanks Tom
screengreen
Power poster

Post by screengreen »

Hi I am a dyspraxic mum, with a dyspraxic daughter, its tough when they are little, all parents of wee ones shout a bit, if you are finding it too much, it maybe worth thinking about what you need to do [includes things that get your goat if left undone] and things that can be left, I also found mother and toddler groups helpful, you would be surprised what "normal" people struggle with. I also like lists, I even used to write get dressed on my list as it meant I could tick it off. The other thing I found useful is having a gym style bag (that you can have 8very your shoulder .... both hands free) packed either spare clothes and food for the kids most of the time that leaves you one less thing to do to get out the house. Hope this helps if not ignore!
Last edited by screengreen on Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loopy-Lu86

Post by Loopy-Lu86 »

screengreen wrote:Hi I am a dyspraxic mum, with a dyspraxic daughter, its tough when they are little, all parents of wee ones shout a bit, if you are finding it too much, it maybe worth thinking about what you need to do [includes things that detour goat if left undone] and things that can be left, I also found mother and toddler groups helpful, you would be surprised what "normal" people struggle with. I also like lists, I even used to write get dressed on my list as it meant I could tick it off. The other thing I found useful is having a gym style bag (that you can have 8very your shoulder .... both hands free) packed either spare clothes and food for the kids most of the time that leaves you one less thing to do to get out the house. Hope this helps if not ignore!
Thanks thats a great help