Can I speak to someone with Dyspraxia please?

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Creative
Super poster

Re: Can I speak to someone with Dyspraxia please?

Post by Creative »

I'm 31 and have Dyspraxia. You are welcome to message me. I find it hard to make friends that are my own age.
Welshcakes11
Getting settled in

Post by Welshcakes11 »

Thank you all very much for your offer to allow
Me to have a chat with you, come this weekend I will. Thank you and hopefully we can all get stuff that may be bothering us of our chests. Until then have a good week.
Welshcakes11
Getting settled in

Post by Welshcakes11 »

I have dyspraxia and ive also been diagnosed with Asperger's, I don't really know where to start as im not very organised in my brain and I am not very good at explaining either.

Im very sensitive and take lots to heart, so when I make a mistake it hits be hard and I wonder why me, why do I struggle with things so much. In work I need to concentrate on what I am doing and this I find very hard, concentrating and being fast and under pressure all at the same time, when ive made a mistake I get upset and paranoid, I feel as if people are talking about me being stupid, other people make mistakes but they always seam to laugh it of and not worry at all.

I am not very good with coordination and while doing my job I need to find a rhythm, sometimes I can do this and then it all runs fairly smoothly but then I loose that rhythm and I cant find it and then I am all over the place.

I went to the Doctors and he said I sounded very depressed, he gave me tablets and put me down for counselling, two weeks later I saw another Doctor for a check up and she said the same, that I sound depressed and prescribed more tablets, On Friday I received a letter from metal health and have phoned them for an appointment, I think the tablets have helped as I haven't cried, which is a good start lol,

Thank you for allowing me to get some of this of my chest.