Is dyspraxia similar to aspergers?

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

chchchcherrybomb
Getting settled in

Is dyspraxia similar to aspergers?

Post by chchchcherrybomb »

Hi!

I'm wondering... If you have Dyspraxia are you likely to have Aspergers too? Or is dyspraxia quite similar to aspergers?

I am getting really confused. I have recently been diagnosed with Mild Dyspraxia at the age of 21.
This is only a recent thing for me & to be honest I am pleased that I finally know what is wrong with me.
However...
I am getting really confused... I FEEL as if I have aspergers... but I don't know if people see that. I don't know if that's my anxiety messing with my head. The only reason I think this is because of my social skills! At primary school and secondary I was fine with making friends. Infact I did have quite a lot of friends but anyway now I've left school and I'm working.. my social anxiety is getting extremely bad. I am finding eye contact quite difficult. I am able to make it with people I know very well & others I feel comfortable around however the other people ... Nahh its too difficult. I feel like my eyes are going to explode if I look into there eyes too much.
I also find it difficult to make friends... I have one best friend, a lovely partner... and a few acquaintances of whom I see ... sometimes! not a regular basis. I cannot be myself around other people I don't know well and its doing my head in!

Is this part of dyspraxia? Or is this something else combined too?

Thank you!

Answers much appreciated! :rolleyes: :D