Dyspraxic and...?

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

MissChicken
New member - welcome them!

Re: Dyspraxic and...?

Post by MissChicken »

Dsypraxic and suffered depression and stress throughout my life..PCOS, and severe IBS and am intolerant to many things, perfume - some makes my nose bleed, dairy, wheat & potatoes (actually its starch - but not rice). I have also developed cluster headaches, but thankfully they are not extreme.

So I guess looking at it my inability to cope with stress has brought out physical problems for me.

Apart from that I am as healthy as the next person! :D
' Remember what you have achieved, and forget what you did not, and above all remember who to love, and forget who to hate'
k9ruby
Getting settled in

Post by k9ruby »

Severely Dyspraxia, SID, tremor, ASD/PDD-NOS, hypertonia, inturned femurs, nut allergy :P
littlemadangel
Getting settled in

Post by littlemadangel »

Just dyspraxia as far as I'm aware of (I do have mild asthma and hayfever though)
pomo
Getting settled in

Post by pomo »

Just chuckling to myself with the funny things you buggers write!

I always thought that I was a quirky sod, but there is loads of us who say far too much! Classic!
sheppeyescapee
Power poster

Post by sheppeyescapee »

Fun... Ermm mine has changed.

AS, dyspraxia, dyslexia, SID, hayfever, asthma. Hmm.. :-s
I am J, 24, husband, student, diagnosed AS and Dyspraxia.
michele
Getting settled in

Post by michele »

Dyspraxia (well technically pretty much every symptom there of diagnosed seperaterly as a learning or motor disability but me thinks the extrapolation is a no-brainer ;) ), ADD, Learning Disabilities (if there are any left not covered by Dyspraxia, still looking for my original paperwork), Allergies, Asthma, Double-Jointed

Michele
"When none of the offfical paths lead you anywhere good there is a simple solution...forget about roads."
JoeR+
Getting settled in

Post by JoeR+ »

ADHD :bike:
edit
sillyaimee

Post by sillyaimee »

Dyspraxia, depression, asthma, benign essential tremor, daily chronic headache and possibly social anxiety (but this is undiagnosed) :D
Creative
Super poster

Post by Creative »

I've got dyspraxia and Irlen syndrome. I get my coloured glassess on Monday! Maybe I will be able to get into Adult Fiction now.
Icarus
Getting settled in

Post by Icarus »

Well, I'm not sure how much of my stuff is caused by Dyspraxia (even my depression can be explained by it) but I'll see what else I've got.

I'm colourblind and have a load of phobias, OCD (especially about being touched) and an obsessive personality.
''Look at these people, these human beings. Consider their potential! From the day they arrive on the planet, blinking, step into the sun, there is more to see than can ever be seen, more to do than- no, hold on. Sorry, that's The Lion King''
-Doctor Who
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

Can I add Fluid on the Brain now, as was diagnosed with it back in mid October, as just before ie, Tuesday and my birthday was on the Thursday, I went to meet my mother as usual, and then lost my eyesight outside her work, and because of that I couldn't balance, and taken 3 steps forward trying to balance myself, but with those steps could only feel the inside part of my feet, I ended up collapsing in the middle of the road, luckily nothing was coming. well as still wasn't right within a couple of weeks then I got them to take me back to the hospital, and they done all the tests ie. blood, blood pressure, pulse, heart beat, and all the alarms were going off for miles!!

but it was sort of like a stroke type of thing, as lost most of my strength in my arm, and still wasn't walking right with my right foot, and my vision was all blury, so only able to do one thing at a time, like walking, or watching the road, I couldn't look around while walking.

well that was when they given me CT scan, to see what was happening, and it was then I was diagnosed.

but it is weird, as you would expect to have the problems constantly not for it to disappear, like it has done for the past 10 years, probably longer, like only sticks it's ugly head up once in a while, but this last time it was the worst, as it was December before I started to have proper clear vision again for more than a day. so September to December I was living my life on a day to day basis, and doing my shopping when I had a lift to the shops encase I wasn't well enough.

but I did manage it, ended up saving tonnes of money as I wasn't able to go down the pub, or because I hadn't been going out anywhere apart from over my parent's place.

but wasn't nice, as I couldn't play games on the pc, my tv ariel went down so haven't been able to watch tv, and wasn't well enough most of the time to chat to friends, or even come and do postings on here very often. but hopefully now I am back on the upward spiral!!
fordprefect
Getting settled in

Post by fordprefect »

Dyspraxic, depression, anxiety disorder, epilepsy but have been free from that for years now for some reason and just found out I have arthritis in left hand....bah, I'm a mess.

Ford.
Tongue tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit..
krackerz1590
Getting settled in

Post by krackerz1590 »

i have dyspraxia , AS , social anxiety disorder and depression officially diagnosed and undiagnosed paranoia /anxiety maths dyslexia i have mypoia ( short sightness) i did have a lazy eye but had an operation on it though my eye sight still poor really!! i do think i also bipolar .....

i was born 3 months early at 26 weeks precisely i was an non indentical twin i was in SCUBBU in a incubator had to have endless blood tranfusions from my mum my weight dropped severely low i was 2 pound and went down to a pound i also had a hole in my heart which i only had medication for didn't need a operation but was in hospital for another 3 months had to be tube fed through the nose and my parents could fit me in their palm that's how tiny i was scary hey the nurses /doctors kept ringing my parents saying wasnn't going to pull through i was so poorly!
StageFighter

Post by StageFighter »

Dyspraxic, asthmatic, suffer from anxiety, eyes don't work in unison, bad foot posture from childhood walking issues often give me tendonitis. Some of my teachers also used to think I might have synesthesia, but I don't even know if there is a test for that, or that it's necessarily a bad thing.
Gina
Getting settled in

Post by Gina »

Dyspraxia, dyscaclia, dyslexia, ADHD, Depression, SAD, low self esteem, Excema, Asthma, lactose intolerence and hypermbolity in my joints. wowsers sounds like a medical jornal lol :)