ANYONE HAVE A NYSTAGMUS WITH THERE DYSPRAXIA

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

joy
Power poster

ANYONE HAVE A NYSTAGMUS WITH THERE DYSPRAXIA

Post by joy »

aNY ONE HAVE A NYSTAGMUS ,OR ANY OTHER EYE CONDITIONS WITH THEIR DYSPRAXIA AND WERE ANY OF YOU OFFERED ANY NEUROLOGICAL TESTING
Tim G
Super poster

Re: ANYONE HAVE A NYSTAGMUS WITH THERE DYSPRAXIA

Post by Tim G »

I am not to sure if I have eye conditions with dyspraxicia but I am light senstive - this is quite commen for dyspraxic's
The real Mr Potato Head
agsiul
Power poster

Post by agsiul »

What is nystagmus?
joy
Power poster

Post by joy »

A nystagmus is a involentary eye movement ,a eye that jumps and then goes back quickly into place.To my knowledge all of us have a eye condition even if you are unaware of it.could be a stigmatism,nystagmus,Duanes syndrome,and of eyes not yolking together or a squint,you may even have had a eye op to correct your vision. Although if you are fortunate to be diagnosed with dyspraxia in the first place many of you will never have been tested as was the case in my son and even if you were they wont bother telling you and how significant it can be.
agsiul
Power poster

Post by agsiul »

Indeed you could be right. I have a stigmatism in both eyes, both of my eyes have poor muscle control and one eye is a lot weaker than the other. I used to close my left eye so that I could read because I would be looking at two different things because my eyes were looking two different directions....when I get tired it happens now. I am photosensitive so have to wear sunglasses outside because sunlight hurts my eyes.
Tim G
Super poster

Post by Tim G »

when I get tired it happens now. I am photosensitive so have to wear sunglasses outside because sunlight hurts my eyes.
Thats basickly what happens with me - eyes go in seprate directions when they get tyred and light senstive in outdoor light. I dont know if this is the same with others but wearing sunglases also calms me down (same kinda pinspal of covering a animals eyes to calm them down).

What you said makes sence to what a eye stigmatism is and its relations to dyspraxia.
The real Mr Potato Head
joy
Power poster

Post by joy »

WE ALSO HAVE INCREASED PERIFERAL VISION WHICH MEANS WE HAVE VISION THAT ONLY BIRDS FISH AND i THINK HORSES HAVE NORMAL VISION IS WHAT PEOPLE SEE IN FRONT OF THEM NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE WHAT S GOING ON AT THE SIDE OF YOU .THE BEST WAY TO TRY THIS OUT IS PUT YOU R FINGER AT HE SIDE OF YOUR FACE BY YOUR EAR AND WAGGLE IT , IF YOU CAN SEE THE MOVEMENT OR YOUR FINGER THIS IS NOT NORMAL VISION THEN YOU HAVE ALL ROUND VISION. THIS IS WHY AS CHILDREN YOU ARE EASILY DISTRACTED IN SCHOOL NOT BECAUSE YOUR NOSEY THOUGH YOU MAY BE BECAUSE YOUR UNABLE TO IGNORE IRRELEVANT STIMMULI WITHIN THE VISUAL FIELD AND THAT YOU ARE STIMULUS BOUND
geckospots
New member - welcome them!

Post by geckospots »

Dont know if this helps as I have not been officially diagnosed with dyspraxia, though I should pluck up the courage.
I have strabismus, basically one of my eyes turn inward, and if I look through my left eye it drifts up (so i try not to do that) Ive had several ops and it didnt solve the problem xx
LilBee
Getting settled in

Post by LilBee »

agsiul wrote:Indeed you could be right. I have a stigmatism in both eyes, both of my eyes have poor muscle control and one eye is a lot weaker than the other. I used to close my left eye so that I could read because I would be looking at two different things because my eyes were looking two different directions....when I get tired it happens now. I am photosensitive so have to wear sunglasses outside because sunlight hurts my eyes.
I always do this when im reading (close my right eye)!!