Painful Joints

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

agsiul
Power poster

Painful Joints

Post by agsiul »

Does anyone have painful joints? I have always had terrible troulbe with twisting ankles and my wrists giving way if I did something like open a window or lift a book. My knees also get very sore and click a lot. I tried to do yoga a few years ago but spent most of the time sitting on the floor because I couldn't do a lot of the excercises. It was at the early stages so most of it related to my wrists. I can't put any presure on them. It's painful and i'd have to shake them out to help ease the pain. Does anyone know why that is? Has anyone else similar problems.
Catwoman42
Power poster

Re: Painful Joints

Post by Catwoman42 »

I'm not sure about painful joints, but my muscles get tired and sore easily. Tonight I was baking, I find the easiest thing is to twist tthe bowl as I stir, as my arms get sore stirring and rubbing in.
agsiul
Power poster

Post by agsiul »

That happens too but this is different. It's difficult to explain but it doesn't feel like muscules or ligiments. I could be but it's like it's in my bones.
Ldyalb
Regular Poster

Post by Ldyalb »

I have chronic pain from Fibromyalgia and Hypermobility. Some common causes of chronic pain in the joints include;

- Fibro
- Hypermobility/Ehlers Danlos
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis (not likely if you're young)
- ME/CFS
- Myofascial pain syndrome

amongst others. I also have twisty ankles, they're very hypermobile. I can stand with one foot normal and the other foot's heel against my toes - like this woman can;

http://www.blogger.com/profile/08939136229593231935

It sounds like you could be hypermobile, it's quite common for people with hypermobility to also have dyspraxia and fibro or just one of those. I'd definitely recommend seeing your GP, I find prescription painkillers help a lot. Plus I get Physio, Hydro and Hand therapy on the NHS which is useful :) also if there's something like firbo or arthritis it's best to know about it.
Dyspraxia - Dx Jan 2010, borderline ASD as well plus strong Dyscalculia overlap.

Fibromyalgia - Dx Jan 2011.
Hypermobility - Dx April 2011
Willis-Ekbom Disease - Dx November 2011

I also have Eczema, Rosacea and Trichitollomania. Oh joy :)
agsiul
Power poster

Post by agsiul »

Thanks. I'll ask him about that. It's really weird but I got so used to having it that I never mentioned it to him because I've only been with him for the past 15 years!
Loki
Getting settled in

Post by Loki »

Ditto! I sometimes feel like there is just a bone deep ache in my arms or legs. I get sore arms quick from baking too but I can just be sitting around minding my own business and kind of look at my arm and thinkg why are you hurting?! I've not walked you into anything for days.... It would be nice courtesy for my body to wait for me to injure it before it starts giving me grief...
Beware my friends, as you pass by
As you are now so once was I
As I'm now so you must be
Prepare my friends to follow me
/Mary Jane - Megadeth/
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Post by Captain_Ludd »

Yup, Iv got painfull joints and muscles most the time, worst in the mornings and really bad in my knees on cold wet mornings (anyone else find they ache most when its cold and wet?) .... oh god I'm only 30 and already sound like im 75! :).
agsiul
Power poster

Post by agsiul »

I hear ye....cold wet weather is a killer and my aunt tells me that they think that this shitty weather is going to continue in a 50 year cycle...something to do with sun spots ](*,)
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Post by Captain_Ludd »

agsiul wrote:I hear ye....cold wet weather is a killer and my aunt tells me that they think that this shitty weather is going to continue in a 50 year cycle...something to do with sun spots ](*,)
Oh well that just great !!! #-o
agsiul
Power poster

Post by agsiul »

thought you'd apprechiate that...I'm hoping that they're wrong because we were told we would have a good summer......we didn't....it was cold and wet as usual although it's been like that for the last 4 years so maybe they are right. :@
meow
Regular Poster

Post by meow »

I do sometimes get painful joints but recently my toes have been locking up, been really painful and I have been unable to move them for a while. I think it might have happened because I have OCD, where I have to keep clicking my toes lots and lots. I think I've messed them up.
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Post by Captain_Ludd »

meow wrote:I do sometimes get painful joints but recently my toes have been locking up, been really painful and I have been unable to move them for a while. I think it might have happened because I have OCD, where I have to keep clicking my toes lots and lots. I think I've messed them up.
Yup, I have a habit of doing that with my toes and fingers and its playing hell with my feet, Im really trying to kick (no pun intended :) ) the habit.
Cheetarah
Getting settled in

Post by Cheetarah »

I've had joint hypermobility my whole life, so much so I had physiotherapy for a short time as a child. I was told to hold a tennis racquet and bounce a ball on it (yes, I know..) to strengthen my wrists. It could be worth a try if you want to improve the resistance in your joints as although it may not sound dyspraxia-friendly it could help improve your co-ordination too.
'I always ran after the ball because, after all, Mary, the ball is important in a game, isn't it? until I found they didn't like me doing that because I never got near it or hit it or did whatever you are supposed to do to it.'
agsiul
Power poster

Post by agsiul »

actually my first reaction wash :( ow! I'm going to a chiropractor and he ...how to describe it....scrunching my arms (masaging I suppose you'd call it!) and manipulating my wrists but it's quite painful. And I don't know how long I'll have to do it. It seems to be helping with the pain so far
christopherbosch
New member - welcome them!

Post by christopherbosch »

Joint pains are very common these days. Many people are suffering from it and the best way to get relief from the pain is through herbal process. There are many such remedies which will definitely work and you will soon get relief from the pain.
Last edited by christopherbosch on Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.